Late Night Chicken Wings

Angelo's p.o.v

*Two Hours Later*

(A/N: Seriously that was a long movie, but it was sad and I might have cried. But it was totally fucking awesome! Sorry, I sounded like Donovan for a moment there.)

“That was…totally epic!!!” Donovan cried out once we were out of the movie theater. The darkening sky outside was painting of the now fading sunlight.

“It was awesome. My mind is blown,” I said. Donny hooked his hand with his mother’s hand and we stepped aside on the sidewalk.

“It was pretty good,” Niki said.

“Pretty good? It was the best mom!” Donny corrected her.

“Oh I’m sorry sweetheart, it was so awesome! I can’t even think straight because it was just that good,” she said and I smiled. I loved how she would do everything she possibly could to make her son happy.

“Thank you for the correction,” Donny said.

“So are you guys hungry?” I asked.

“Yea that was a long movie and Donny didn’t let me go get something to eat.”

“Because I didn’t want you to miss any of the awesomeness,” Donny said.

“How about we go out to eat? Buffalo Wild Wings is just down the street,” I said. It’s been two days since I ate chicken wings. I can’t go on much longer, chicken wings are as important to me as breathing itself.

“Yes! I want chicken wings!” Donny exclaimed.

He looked up at Niki with those pleading puppy dog eyes, saying that he wanted chicken wings. I played along and gave her the same puppy dog eyes. “I’ll pay,” I said sticking my bottom lip out.

She smirked and she bite her bottom lip. She was about to give in. “Fine, but that’s not fair. I can’t say no to two sets of puppy dog eyes,” she finally caved. And Donny and I both smiled in excitement.

“Who said we played fair?” I sassed which made her roll her eyes. “Come on let’s just go before my stomach started to growl again,” she.

“So that was your stomach in there that was growling?” I asked.

“I told you I was hungry!” she said with sorry eyes.

“Okay well let’s just go then,” I said before we started to walk in the direction of Buffalo Wild Wings, aka my guilty pleasure…wait…I wasn’t guilty about my love for chicken wings so let’s just call it my pleasure.

Anyways, as we were walking, Donovan was in-between Niki and I. He was holding onto her hand and out of the blue, he hooked his other hand with mine again.

It made me smile…but at the same time it made my heart ache.

You see, it’s been a couple of weeks since I started liking Niki. And not just like her…but I mean like ‘like’ her more as a friend. But I knew that it would be hard to woo her over.

I’ve talked to Tyler about it but let’s just say he wasn’t much help with the situation. He told me about Niki’s past relationship Donovan’s father and it seriously just broke my heart.

She told me some things about Donny’s father but she could never bring herself to tell me everything. I assumed that it was painful to talk about. Being walked out like that by someone you thought cared about you hurts and I know it does.

Niki was 20 years old when she found out she was pregnant. Tyler told me that she was happy because she was happily in love with the guy and so when she told him about the baby, things between them started to get rocky.