The Vinley Family Dinner

Niki's p.o.v

We all went inside and headed over to the kitchen. Donny was running around with his toy that Angelo and Tyler gave him yesterday. It’s his new favorite toy.

My mom walked over to the fridge and started pulling out some stuff to started cooking dinner with.

“Don’t worry mom, Niki and I will cook dinner. Just go and sit down,” Edgar told our mom. 

She was beginning to protest but we finally convinced her to go in the living room with Donny and wait until everything was ready.

I love my mother very dearly. I don’t know where I would be without her.

She’s such a strong and caring woman. I know that I was blessed having a mother like her.

My mom meant my dad when they were both in the early twenties. They fell in love after a couple of months of seeing each other on a daily bases.

They married each other after two years of dating and within a couple of months of their marriage my mother was pregnant with me.

My mom was pregnant with Edgar when I was turning three years old.

We were the living and breathing proof that true love is real. Edgar and I were in a loving home with supportive parents that loved us endlessly.

My dad and mom were both supportive when I first started tattooing. And they helped Edgar out when he was starting off his filmmaking career.

When I told my parents that I was pregnant, they were helpful through the whole thing when after Donovan’s dad walked out on us. My parents were excited to have a grandchild either way.

They were excited and are very loving to my son. My dad has been on a business trip to London which is why he isn’t here right now.

But it’s no doubt that they are both still in love as much as they were the day they got married. They are probably even more in love with the passing years.

Not many kids can say that there is no doubt in their minds that their parents love each other. Edgar and I can say that because we know how madly in love they are.

I wish that one day I will be able to find that true love that will love me and love Donny like he was his own.

“So Donny is growing up so quickly,” Edgar said as he was putting the pasta into the boiling water.

“I know. He’s birthday is coming up next month. Do you think you’ll be here for it?” I asked.

“Of course I will be. I’m going to be here for a couple of months until I find another band that is willingly to let me record them 24/7.”

“Do you have any bands in mind?”

“I really want to tour with Pierce the Veil. I’ve met them once and now I just have to talk to them and their tour manager, but that won’t be for a couple of months.

Anyways, how’s tattooing going so far? Last time we talked you said it was going great.”

“Is is great,” I said reminiscing in memories about my time in Black Casket.

“Niki, can I ask you who Angelo is? I know I heard you talk about him before but today Donny was talking about him nonstop and I was just wondering if it was the same person.”

The sound of his name made me blush. But I knew my brother and how protective he was of me.

Despite me being older than him, he always felt it was his duty to protect, especially after what happened with Donny’s dad.