Meet Donovan

Niki's p.o.v

"Mommy, can I have some of your tea?" my year five old son asked me kindly, giving me his puppy dog eyes.

Ohh he's good......

"Okay, but under only one condition, did you put your comic books up?"

Donovan's eyes widen as he quickly ran  toward the direction of his room. I heard a few things shuffle, and Donovan returned to the kitchen.

"Yes I did," he said proudly. "Alright, fine," I said as I lowered my coffee mug and let him take a drink of my chai tea.

He took a pretty big sip, but I tilted the mug back to it's normal position and set it down on the kitchen table.

"Thanks mommy!" he lightly yelled. I ruffled his dark, dirty blonde hair that stopped just below his ears.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked. "Yes ma'am," he stated while he walked to the corner of the kitchen to pick up his Spider-Man backpack.

I drink the last bit of my tea and stood up from the chair and placed the cup in the kitchen sink.

"Let's go then," I grabbed my bag from the counter as well as the car keys to my black 2012 Nissan Altima.

Donovan was following me to the front door. We both stepped out, and after I locked the door to our apartment, we headed to the car.

I held onto Donovan's hand as I unlocked the car and he took his backpack off and handed it to me.

I set it on next to his car seat and then proceeded to put Donny on his car seat. Once I was sure he was secured, I shut the door, and went to the driver's seat.

After I got into the driver's seat, I buckled up and started the car.

"Do you know what's worth fighting for? When it's not worth dying for.

Does it take your breath away, and you feel yourself suffocating"

21 Guns by Green Day played over the stereo as I drove to my mother's house.

It was only 10:30 and the tattoo shop that I work at opens at 11 so I had more the enough time to drop Donovan off.

The beautiful Saturday sky of Dickson City captures Donovan's attention, for he stared at the skyline.

"Mom?" he asked softly. "Yes?"

"You're taking me to see The Amazing Spider-Man today, right?"

"Yes sweety, I am," I giggled. "Grandma's going to drop you off at the shop and we'll go to the theater from there."

He squealed in excitement which only made my mother heart grew warm.

Donovan's obsession with Spider-Man has always made me smile. Spider-Man was his favorite superhero.

He defends Peter Parker with honor. And me, being the great and amazing mother I am, defend my son's obsession with pride.

It's a great thing that I have fellow tattoo artists that support Donovan's obsession. Tyler, the owner of the tattoo shop bought Donovan many Spider-Man action figures.

And Angelo has drawn many pictures for Donovan. It's really sweet how he supports Donny's love for Spider-Man.

When Donny found out that the new Spider-Man came out, he practically begged me to take him to see.

I do have to admit, I was as well excited to see the movie.

Within ten minutes I pulled into my mom's driveway. She was standing on the porch with a huge grin on her face.

My mom adored Donovan, and she did all she could to help me out with Donny.

Being, at the time, a 22 year old tattoo artist, pregnant with a child, whose father didn't give two shits about, was outrageous.

But with her help and support, I found my footing.  So on weekends, she would take care of Donovan while I was at work.

She would also pick Donny up from school if I wasn't able to.

I parked the car and went over to get Donny out of the car, while my mom opened the door on the other side to retrieve his backpack. 

Once I got Donny out of the car seat, I set him down on the ground, took his hand and walked over to my mom.

"Grandma!" he exclaimed as he let go out my hand and ran to my mom. He hugged her legs tightly and she smile as she ruffled his hair.

I walked over to her and hugged her, "Hi mom." "Nichole, come inside and get something to eat."

"I can't, I don't wanna be late but thank you," I said. I kneel down to Donny while he let go of my mom's legs.

"Be good for grandma okay," I told him. "Yes ma'am," he then kissed my cheek and wrapped his small arms around my neck.

"Bye mommy," he whispered in my ear. "Bye sweetheart."

We let go of each other and I kissed his cheek and stood up "Bye mom," I said hugged my mom one last time.

"Be careful."

"I will."

I walked back to my car and got in. As I pulled out of the driver way, my mom and Donovan both waved at me. I waved back before I drove off to the direction of the tattoo shop.

Author's Note: I've been debating with myself whether I should post this story. I finally did and I hope you guys like it. I will try to update my other stories but I have writer's block. Plus my crush is distracting me from what I should be doing. Anyways, remember to vote and check out my other Motionless In White fanfics. -HouseOfTerror <666