14

Defeated, I felt my lap clawed nearly to death from that crocadog. That wasn't the only problem, the hassle of Kor refusing to abandon the child made a commotion and lead a group of KG to capture Tess, Torn, and the Shadow. I brushed my hair back as I felt like I let down Jak and Daxter with a simple mission. I clutched my hand over my heart as I felt like untrustworthy that I just let them happen... but they were trying to take the kid so I hit on the zoomer's petal and took off even as Kor stuggled to get in.

I sat down on the floor with the kid playing with my hair, I wanted to go get them... but it wasn't an option. "At least the kid is here for the trails." Kor mentioned.

Sighing, I agreed... but 'Test of Manhood'? The kid was barely old enough to follow orders, and he couldn't even do that right at all. "He's too young..." I muttered, as the kid looked up to the statue.

Soon we heard the elevator, the three of us and the crockadog looked towards it to see Jak walking out and I stood up. "Jak... I need to tell you something." I started, getting closer as he walked past me and looked towards the wall ahead. "The others were captured-"

"I told you to keep them safe." Jak started, clutching his hand into a fist and sparks of purple emitted the air. Daxter even looked scared and tried getting him to cool him down.

"K-Kor was telling us all he wouldn't ride with-"

"Shut up." Jak looked back at me, disappointed. "Samos... and Torn. You let them down." Jak growled, as his eyes flashed dark purple then he staggered back and set his hand on his head. He looked dazed, shaking his head and regaining his composure. "What's going to happen."

"The kid will go face the trails of manhood, allowing us to get the... precursor stone." He tapped his fingers together.

"He's too young." Jak muttered, and then there was a booming voice.

"Welcome... to the test of manhood." Said the voice, as we all staggered to the shakes of the temple. Jak was then out of it, as the door started coming open, he slowly moved towards it as Daxter jumped off and stayed near me. "No!" The temple shouted, as Jak stopped in his tracks. "He is too young for this task!"

The doors started to close as I glanced at Jak, we were all confused. "No!" Kor yelled, out stretching his hand.

"Jak, do something!" I shouted.

He looked to us, then to the door and he started running. Daxter jumped up and started running towards him. "Jak! You can't go in there!" He started, as I started rushing behind Daxter. I wasn't gonna make it and so wasn't Daxter. He slipped under the door and it was too skinny for me but not Daxter. "I'm not gonna make it!"

Only one thing to do! "I'm sorry, no hard feelings!" I said, curling my leg and kicking him in the butt to send him flying under the crack. I huffed out, as I slowed down to a stop. Pressing my hand against the wall, I looked down to the floor. "Damn it." I cursed, dragging away from it.

"Freeze!"

We all looked behind, to see a group of KGs. I rushed up ahead of Kor and the Kid. "Stay behind me." I told them, prepared to protect them. The guards being just entering the doorway, couple of feet ahead of us... yeah I could take em! "Come at me!" I yelled at them.

Something hit the back of my head, making me tumble to the ground and knock out.

But... how? They were ahead of me...