3

"This is where I scanned for precursor metal, but I have no idea how far down it is. I was afraid to start digging just in case someone would come along and take it from me if I didn't get it in the first try...!" Keira frowned, has her little communicators floated around my personal space, making my left eye twitch with anger because it would not stop. I took a deep breath, adjusting my shoulders and planting my feet into the ground to start digging. "Be careful!" Keira highly advised me, the communicator slowly going back into my pocket.

In the farming part of the community, I had to dig in the middle of a field, giant red pepper stems all around me and it already annoyed me to the fact that the smell was actually putrid before washing the maneuver from the yak cows off of the food. I definitely didn't want to spend my first day doing this but I do want to go back home the fastest everyone can. I took a breath as I took my second shovel blow into the ground and started digging even more. Good thing the soil is already dug up, most of the dirt was loose because of the farming. If they didn't dig it up earlier, the chances are that it's much deeper... so shit.

Mumbling went around and I suppose my clothes were tacky compared to the farmers but I had my time's style not the normal clothes so maybe after this I'll go get clothes or something... guards suddenly turned the corner and I feared that it was for me but they past holding guns and saying something about the underground... I guess I was in it so I shouldn't jump in it so I left it there on its own.

Taking my very own pace with a digging up old news, I kept my back straightened, and I kept my legs locked into place as I dig down exactly were she told me to... I wonder how many precursor orbs I have on me currently, as I did know that I was carrying a handful around... the metalheads love gnawing on the precursor orbs so I would usually throw one their way and they would get distracted.

A big explosion happen, and debris from car's engines or outer shell suddenly appeared from out of the corner and I grew very curious...

"Don't go for it, sometimes if you're in the area they will kill anybody. It's better to leave it alone, and mind your own business." Keira suddenly popped up again, as if she was moderating me because of the fact that I would showing curiosity to the leading situation behind the turns. I kept my head down, hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with any of the problems. "But, good luck!" She left me again as I rolled my eyes so hard, they practically went into the back of my head and I was suddenly paranoid because of the threat of losing my own life.

Taking myself to relax, I laughed fearfully and tried to not panic. "Fucking hell..." I shook my head as guards just kept running seeming like it's nothing stopping the trouble round the corner. It finally seemed to stop after two minutes because they said some leave that they lost the person and couldn't find him. I ignored it, continuing to dig up everything and chucking it to the side. I finally came off of the soft soil, and went into the deeper part of the ground.

I could already tell that this was going to take even longer, considering the fact that this dirt has taken time to harden.

A very loud ting rang as soon as my shovel hit something, it was only a foot under the topsoil so it wasn't that hard to bring out. I started dusting off the loot, seeing that it was precursor metal. It's mild, not a very large piece to pull out, so I dig my hands into it in start yanking on it. I pulled it up with the breeze, and set it down without looking at it, well a very loud thud rang and I looked at it to see that it was actually larger than I expected. It felt like something that should have waited in my palm, but it was the size of an arm and a leg...

Precursor orbs are usually heavy, but it's not normally as heavy as this, they're hollow on the inside that's why they're so light... this was pure precursor metal, and I didn't understand why it wasn't happy for me. I pick it up again, seeing that it was the same as that, it was something that we'd like a precursor but it was actually much heavier. Suddenly I got heavy, and I dropped it to the ground because I couldn't hold it. My Mind boggled by the experience, and I looked around to see that nobody was looking. I should probably attach this into the zoomer that keira had given me...

So I did as a said, seeing that it wasn't white anymore I dragged it using all of my muscle strength. Once again, I was too strong and I pulled it back too far and it slid against the ground right next to the Zoomer. Don't bother to do anything about it, so it's just strapped it and begin my journey back to the the garage for Kira. I didn't want to spend time looking around the city because of the people seem pretty bland, and they seem like they want to ask for money because I actually had decent clothing compared to them.

So then I begin taking off, not noticing anything besides the spring that I gained at random points; odd enough but it was probably a better idea to ask Keira instead of just wondering myself. I wonder if this has anything to do with the portal, I knew little about it.