5

"That... was awesome!" I cheered. "You jumped that deadly gap like it was nothing, that was astounding, and truly brave!" My voice trembled as I was scared during the race for Jak. My teeth showing I jumped up and down. "Just all the other drivers didn't dare to do it! You went a full lap ahead of all of them! Like holy precursors!" I giggled, Jak arching a brow and wondering why I was so happy compared to them. I've never seen the zoomers made like that! That's new!

"I know toots, but it ain't that amazing." Daxter commented, giving a smirk. "It was risky by yours truly! I told him where to jump." He winked as I laughed more at his attempts at flirting with me as it seemed.

"Why are you so happy?"

"The future doesn't seem that bad, I haven't seen a single metalhead, or bloodshed... and and the race was amazing!" My hands went ahead of me as I looked into the sky with a beaming grin.

Jak and Daxter looked at each other, fearful. "How long have you been here?" Daxter asked calmly.

"Less than forty-eight hours!"

Jak frowned, eyes narrowed. "Well, hasn't Keria told you what's happening?" A questioned popped into the conversation that seemed rather off. We all stopped and sighed out. "Maybe we should take you off her hands, I could use help for my next mission." That was a lie, he just wanted to show me something it seemed. "Get you around the city so you'll get acquainted with everything that's going around. It looks like you have a lack of knowledge of what's really going on in the future."

Daxter nodded, he stood more upright on shoulder. "You want to explore the city and the outskirts right? We got the hookups to the most places for adventure!" Daxter winked, and exhaled on his knuckles only to rub his hands on his furry chest. "My sidekick will help you if you're in any danger as I do most of the work!" Knowing that was a lie, since Samos use to complains on Daxter for taking credit for good things and ignoring the worse things.

"Ahhh, what about Keria?" I questioned, my head tilting slightly.

"We'll pop in, drop my trophy in, and get out! Just like that!" Daxter pointed to the direction then the opposite. "Plus, a female on our adventure wouldn't be so bad." Jak nodded, but looking confused on Daxter's logic.

"If you guys don't think I can't handle myself, remember the portal was open, and the meatheads I've killed are in the thousands, the amount of people I've taken care of are dozens; I can probably even carry you guys to victory." My cockiness showed and I placed my hand on my hip while my other on my heart. "Its like I'm the better one here if anything." I laughed. "Kidding, but I can handle myself... I was considered the muscle cause my dad was the red eco sage remember?"

"We've met before, I remember Daxter tried to put wumba slices in your hair."

"Yeah, I had my hair shaved down for two months..." I sighed angrily, but taking my breath. "But if I didn't my hair would probably get me killed cause at the start all the women got their hair tugged by the flying metalheads got... uh-killed." I coughed, the boys more interested.

"What became of Sandover and everything else?"

"Sadly, the eco mines became a hotspot for metalheads. Sandover was where the hives were, til I destroyed the king, and the portal... we made a small place and had everyone super close! I almost married the sculptor from Sandover, I said no because two month previously he got the explorer lady pregnant and I found out before we were married, so that was good!" I stuck my tounge out and gave a thumbs up. "We could stagger the metalheads if we get back! Maybe even kill them all!"

"But if we did get back, why are there so many still?" Daxter asked

My mind stunned, eyes boggled, hope depleted. We walked again to Keria's garage and dropped the subject matter completely at the end too. Why haven't they? I grew depressed, feeling a warm hand on my back and adjusting myself to the pull I'm for a hug. "So... maybe the metalhead king killed everyone... My father... the eco sages!" My voice cracked, as I finally realized my world caving in. "I was sent in to destroy the rings, I injured him badly and-and he pulled me along into the ring with him!" My words stuttered, as I started choking on my air. "The miners, the gladiator, the mayor! They're all dead! And it was cause I didn't kill the king right!?" I glanced to the boys as they seemed terrible. "They're dead!"

"No... there must be ancestors in the city, because we want to be able to have such a wide population of people if we did have survivors from our world." Jak pointed out that fact as we walked into the place with Keria. "Have you talked about anything with her yet?" Jak looked at her.

"No, she's been getting the precursor metals to complete this for us to get back." She said, swinging her wrench. "Besides, we're almost done, I'm just missing a few things, then we can get out."

"To see the dead survoirs!" I hicc'd my words out loudly.

"What?"

"I-I left them!"

"Toots, we'll find out, and see em'."

"I bet the gladiator is helping out with everyone and that shelter is doing fine." Jak encouraged. "You're having a panic attack, we need to calm you down... me and Daxter are going to the pumping stations, and its relaxing there after we kill the metalheads."

"R-Really...?" I asked, tears blurring my vision and what seemed like hope gone. "But the metalheads-"

Jak pulled out a something, shooting yellow eco out of a metal thing. "This is a gun, it'll kill them; so I'll protect-"

"You mean me!" Daxter jumped in, smoothing his ears back. "I am the one that does that."