8

It was just extremely cold tonight, I could feel my own bones getting stiff because of the fact said it was like ice. Sure the bowl of rice was helpful, even better than what I would normally get at sandover. So it was a lot better, because I can handle the town of sleeping in that town again.

I had grew a habit of being super alert, because of the fact that whenever someone out to guard the place and accidentally fall asleep, they usually die where they were to a Metalhead that snuck up on their sleep. I was the only one that was so alert being asleep, but usually the metalhead would try to sneak up on me in the closest they gotten was two feet away from me and nearly killed me if I wasn't so alert to jump and kill them instantly.

Speaking of which, I heard soft footsteps approaching near me. I instantly woke up, grabbing the nearest thing around me which was a metal pole. Then came face-to-face with Daxter trying to come up to me and jump on my bed. "What are you doing?" I whispered lightly, taking it upon myself to set down the pole.

"Well, this is my first time sleeping together with Jak and uh-I'm trying to be distant because of the fact that he's not sleeping that well. I don't want to interrupt him."

"I can hear you Daxter..." Jak growled, and sat up himself. "I haven't slept on a fabric bed in two years." Jak wiped his brow of the sweat that was on him. "I would usually have to fight down the urge to not have the dark eco kill me, it was the first time I came out when I met you, Daxter; I'm not sure if I can sleep again without taking myself out of control." He sighed, tearing off the glove that was on his hand and looking back at me with eyes that seem to be darker.

"Jak, I usually sleep lightly, so if you need me to wake you up or remind you to return back to yourself then I can do that for you." I told him, standing up from the bunkbed and making my way towards him. I sat down on thw edge of the bed. "I can also sleep standing up because I would have to look awake when metalheads came around so they wouldn't attack us by sneaking." I mentioned anyways, even though it was something that was so common to me to do for everyone. Now it was just a useless skill, that I didn't have anybody else to protect but now I wanted to help him.

"You don't have-"

"Jak, I'm used to protecting people. I want to help, cause if I don't I think I might actually lose my mind." I laugh to lately, covering my mouth to not show my worryness because I was smiling since I didn't know if I should be relieved or not.

"Are you sure?" Jak tried to make sure with my decision.

"Most I'll do to you is grab Daxter and run out of here so we wouldn't get in the line of fire if you're worried." I patted his leg.

"Well, at least lay down on the bed above me. You'll be able to hide or wake me up to help me if you want." Jak pointed upward to the bed, I did wanted to help him in any way I could. I took the offer, jumping up on the bed and Daxter scurrying up the bed posts and laying at the foot of my bed while peering down at Jak so he would feel more comfortable about it. "Uh-good night guys."

"Night," Daxter and I both said.

-------

There was heavy breathing, rustling of sheets, and what seemed to be like nails against metal. I woke up so fast, but remembered why I was sleeping like this. I carefully looked to the left of my bed and look down to see Jak. His eyes dark as oil itself, and his nails were grinding against the side of his bed. His hair white, and his skin pale. I would be worried, but I don't think he's noticed me yet. Should I try warning him? Because I thought I was going to catch him during the transformation and not after unfortunately.

My hand carefully touched his arm to see that he flinched and quickly sat up his nails dug into his my arm and I only flinched to it. I've had worse honestly, but it was still pretty painful to feel his nail dig into my wrist and drag down slightly to make a gash. "Jak, please don't..." I asked softly, not even loud enough to wake up Daxter. Jak's nails did stop sliding up my wrist but did not dig out of my skin. I felt the blood drip down slowly, feeling like the cold touch of the liquid running to my middle finger and dropping off to the floor.

He seemed to be rational, but still wanted to promote pain in something or someone. My body took over control, slowly getting to the ground and letting him still twist his nail in my arm. I was only on the ground, looking at him and seeing that he was very confused with my reaction to everything. My eyes were only on his, and my other hand reached for his other arm. A pat on it slightly, and he was even more confused.

"Jak, I'm not going to get scared, but this is painful?" I was trying to make it seem like a very distant question to ask him to retreat from my hand. By this time the blood was already covering my wrist about 50% but the nails would help clogged the blood from pouring out.

Metalheads have done worse to my body, it was horrible but it was getting there.

His other arm grabbed onto my hand and pulled me in close. He bit down on my arm, but it actually wasn't deep. He wanted to cause pain, and yet he seemed to be taking pity on me because it wasn't enough to bring out blood only to pierce it. His head shook and let go, finally letting me have my own arms back.

"I'm gonna... patch this up." I mentioned to him, slowly backing up in seeing that his eyes would not stay off me. I went to the table and manage to find bandages to help me close my wounds. I started to clean up the mess that I dropped on the floor which was my blood but I saw Jak licking his fingers that had the red.

He growled once I was done with my bandages, seeming like he wanted me to come close. I did as I was for sue known to be threatened, and saw that his hand pierced through my clothing and pulled me into the bed that was at his feet. Jak laid down again, having his claw in my hair and scratching it to the point where it made lines as I'm pretty sure.

It had seemed like I couldn't move, and I already dealt with today and I didn't want to take anymore so I tensed up but stayed still for the rest of the night hoping for no further damage.