13

A stubborn as I was, I never even bothered to try to call Jak for help even though I was in desperate need for it. Walking back into The Hideout, I puffed out a smoke cloud into a ring, and look to Jak who was waiting as patiently as possible, so him tapping his foot as he gave out a little stare then slowly deteriorating into a concern look. He reached above me and I looked up to see that my hair was actually on fire on a little strand. He quickly put it out and then looked back to my eyes as he backed up.

"We unlocked the tomb of Mar while you were doing that." Jak nodded, as he looked to Torn and 'Samos'. I was filled in on the details and honestly got me more scared then relieved. "We need to get there right away, but I have some things to deal with with. I need you to help guide this kid." Jak then looked towards a kid playing with Daxter's ears.

"Right... I'll drive the kid over, but you guys are gonna have to trail behind me. Car's not big enough for all of us." I told them as they all nodded.

"By the way..." Daxter started, as crockadog suddenly jumped on him with a big ol' lick to the face. "You'll have to take this ugly thing with you." Daxter told me.

"I thought you wanted to hang out with Jak?" I whipped back, crossing my arms and looking at the kid who was covering mouth with a smile underneath and slightly red cheeks. Jak smiled too, as Daxter already huffed out and pushed off the animal. It ran to me, And started growling as I backed up from surprise. "Easy, easy there." I keeled down and extended my hand towards him as he sniffed my scent as it slowly settled down into a passive mode and the little kid pet the thing as he sat down. "Awe, who's a good boy?" I smiled, as it was just on guard with a wagging tail as I pet the side of his head even if the dog seemed like he wanted to hate me for some reason.

"Looks like the beast only hates people from here. Besides his owner, of course." Jak mentioned, as the dog got up and went behind the kid. He looked towards me with a nod.

"Well I did try once to train a metal head." I told, as Kor leaned in with an angered stare. "Of course, it was mostly a failure as the damn thing killed one of our men as soon as it hit a week old." I mumbled, upset that it happened due to a false judgement. "They just... turn."

"It's a born killer, there's no way you should've kept that cold blooded killer as a pet for more then a second." Kor turned upset, as he hit his staff on the floor an turned back to Jak. "I suggest you be on your way, I'll be here with everyone else... now go." He shooed him off as Jak and Daxter seemed fazed by the exchanged words and just took off.

"Alright, Torn, tell me where it is and I'll help you out."