10

"Keria, we're back, how do the boots look? I'm tired of seeing her walk out on the block with nothing to protect her feet." Jak walked in-wall stirring up my feet now I only rolled my eyes because I was getting annoyed with how much they wanted me to wear shoes.

"Well, Dark Boy, miserable to see you around." A voice suddenly appeared, as it was the first one that I seen that I didn't know when I first came here. I didn't like him because he was a bit off, and now he was back again flirting with her. "Hello again, shame to see you hanging out with this rejected experiment." Erol muttered.

"Stay away from Keria." Jak spoke calmly, with a fire raging in his eyes.

Erol laugh and walked away, as Keria walked up closer to us. She had a lovey-dovey look in her eyes again, staring at him as he walked away with a smile spread across her lips. She gave a loud sigh of a daydream sound. "Isn't he just the best?" She placed her hand right on her heart.

"He's not what you think." Jak added.

She scarfed, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. "Like you're the judge of character!" She narrowed her eyes and police her hands on her hips. "People say you get angry... and change."

Why would she say that? It's clear Erol isn't someone to look at with a love interest. Jak was about to speak, but I interrupted. "Keria, you shouldn't say something like that." I told her.

"You've been with him one day! You didn't know him in Sandover!"

"But people change! You've changed!" I argued. "And well, I appreciate all your doings for us but you shouldn't be insulting someone that is also helping!" My lips purse up, narrowing my eyes and clenching my fists. "That doesn't make any-"

"Then why are you insulting me?" She got all defensive and everything, and I just rolled my eyes and gave out loud sigh.

"You mean how I didn't, and you just victimize yourself?" I growled.

"Y'know what!?" Keria grabbed onto a cloth and threw it at the ground. "You're the worst! I helped you out when I found you! You wouldn't last a second out there."

"You wouldn't last a second with a metal head with a gun in your hand!" I argued. "I had to deal with all of your guys' mistakes but clearly-" I press my head against her to make it seem like I was more intimidating but she was doing just the same, "you had to deal with this higher top life from the people in the slums!" I argued.

"I'm out of here." Jak growled, looking at Keria and walking away. "Aiden, you don't have to defend me. I know how to take care of myself." He walked out with his footsteps twice as loud than anyone I've ever heard.

"Jak, buddy!?" Daxter began.

"Jak-" I put my hand up, "wait!" Rushing after him.

"We don't have anyone to race!" Keria slammed the fact.

I didn't care as I was rushing after Jak. He was hurting as I could tell and I just wanted to help him out with whatever he needs. I ran after him and put my hand on his shoulder, for him to jerk his shoulder away from me and look back with anger in his eyes. It slowly faded away as soon as they landed on mine, and he just looked annoyed as he was covering up the hate.

"What do you want?" Jak narrowed his eyes.

"To calm you down?" I came up with a reason that actually was true. He just grunted, walking down the stairs with his fist clutched and purple static flashing around him every few seconds. I walked right beside him, leaning in closer to him with a smile. "Jak, I know you're mad, but did you know if you smile it'll actually make you happy!" I cheered, with fake little jazz hands. He rolled his eyes, walking a slight more slanted direction to the left while going down the stairs. I stopped right in front of him. "I know you can!"

"I don't want to." He walked around me. "How can you be so happy?" I stood motionless on the stairs. He glanced back and saw I wasn't moving. "Aiden, we left that coast with such horrors that I can't even imagine; yet you're so pippy about everything." Jak explained.

"I think it's the lack of sleep, I've only ever gotten three per day since the day you left." I explained. "I mean, I was always the one to be carefully watching the camp, my dad was too injured to fight but he would be the leader for us. The warrior helped, but got carried away with the metal heads about a week in."

Jak's ears perked. "Well, I was a little doubtful in him since he kind of quit on Klaw... I mean, I was only sixteen when I beat him and he was about thrity-something."

I sighed, to see him walk up the stairs. "The warrior was a good guy, He was just sad when his family died to the beast as he's explained to me. The warrior went on this huge inspirational speech, saying how we were going to go destroy that Metalhead King with him as our lead... then we found out the whole was too small for anybody but me, all the kids were too young and frail to even go into the nest." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I've only gotten two because of where I was.. I was constantly tested on..." Trailing off he grabbed my arm again, flipping it to the sign with the deep scar. "I'm still wondering how this happened."

"I'm just glad what Keria said isn't true." I pulled back my arm. "You seemed calm, and you weren't really wanting to kill me."

"I think I was using you to calm down."

"Well you could drag your hands in my hair again!" I joked, grabbing his hand. "But we should get you racing!" I jumped up the stairs to get up to the league's races.