11

I've been on a roll!! I just want to thank ALL my readers! You guys are the best things ever! Being the Boss is #357 on ChickLit!! I NEVER thought that it would get this popular or that sooo many people would actually like reading this! Thank so much y'all!!

 Mary didn’t have to turn around to know who it was. There was only one person in the world  that made her body react the way he did. She wanted to push him away and give his a nice slap in the face, but she had bigger fish to fry and at the moment, they were two people working for a common goal: Get away from Mr. Graystands.

Instead Mary smiled and grabbed the hands that were wrapped around her waist, “I’m sorry for wandering off, Mr. Graystands was just entertaining me, right Mr. Graystands?” Mary asked in a sickly sweet voice, daring him to contradict her statement.

Mary watched as his eyes enlarged even more and he stammered, looking for the correct words to say. Mary suppressed a chuckle, if anyone knew how to stare down a person, it was Johnathan, and she could already picture the face that he was giving Mr. Graystands.

“Ah, yes. Miss Brighton and I were having a nice conversation, I didn’t know that she was already spoken for,” Mr. Graystands replied.

Mary tried not to snort in disgust. Mr. Grab Hands was wickedly persistent, and she could tell that even though he was put off by Johnathan, he still didn’t want to relinquish his claim on Mary.

“We preferred to keep our relationship under wraps, isn’t that right honey?”  Mary shot back, almost choking on the words of endearment towards Johnathan.

Johnathan placed his lips on Mary’s temple and stated, “That’s right, you know how crazy news flies around these parts, right Oliver? We really don’t want to deal with all the speculation and headlines of the paparazzi.”

A smile stretched out on Mary’s lips as she saw Mr. Graystands begin to break out in nervous sweats. She watched as he looked around to find something to say.

“Yes, the paparazzi these days,” Mr. Graystands said, trying to laugh and create a joke.

“Thank you for keeping Mary company for me, but I believe you aren’t needed anymore. Have a nice night Oliver,” Johnathan said, effectively dismissing Mr. Graystands as if he was a naughty school boy.

Mary watched as he made a hasty exit, his head hung low in defeat. Smiling to herself, she was happy that she had gotten out of his wrinkled grasps. Before she got too happy, she realized that she had eluded one problem and landed herself in the arms of another one.

Mary turned her head to look over her shoulder, “He’s gone, you can let go now,” she stated, displeasure filling her voice.

“I don’t think I want to,” Johnathan replied, genuinely enjoying the feeling of Mary in his arms.

This time Mary didn’t reign in her unladylike snort, “You make the mistake to believe a give ten cents about what you want. Let me go,” she demanded.

Johnathan didn’t like being told what to do, especially from Mary, so he decided that he was going to push her buttons. Instead of letting her go, he whipped her body so that it was facing him and pressed her in-between him and the ledge of the bar.