6

I know this is really short and really late, but a lot has been happening in my life ANNNDDDD writer's block decided to move into my brain! I hope you guys like it and remember to.....

VOTE

and

COMMENT!!!!!

"Brad what are you doing here?" Mary asked with a twinge of laughter in her voice.

Brad shot her another beaming smile as he watched her walk around her office, "I knew that a certain hot-shot CEO would forget about our lunch date, so I decided to take matters into my own hands," he said, looping his thumbs into his slack pockets.

Mary turned to face Brad, with a smirk on her face, "I don't recall agreeing to any date with you."

Brad smiled; he was intrigued by Mary's personality. In some ways, she was more viscous than any of the men he knew that were in her position. She was driven, and could never be deterred from her goal.

"I know we didn't close the deal yet," he began with a deviously sly smile, "But I assumed that you wouldn't take no for an answer once you saw my gorgeous face."

This statement caused Mary to let out a chime of laughter, "How can I say no when you are begging me in my office?"

Brad shot her a coy look before he settled himself into the stiff leather chair across from Mary's desk. He stretched his long limbs out, and dwarfed the usually large cushions, "I don't beg," Brad stated, "I just make very persuasive arguments on my own behalf."

Mary laughed as she peeled off her blazer and lobbed it over her chair. She was beginning to enjoy Brad's presence more and more. He carried an air of content and humor with him wherever he went. Nothing seemed to bother him, but that didn't make him daft. Brad had a quick wit and eye for detail that she only saw in a couple of people. With his blue eyes and tousled brown hair, he wasn't too hard on anyone else's eyes either.

"Since you're already here, and I'm feeling a little adventurous, I'll take you up on your offer," Mary stated as she dumped her belongings into her purse.

Brad shot her another smile and lead the way out of the office. Mary made a couple of pit stops along the way to make sure everything was going smoothly. She told Sarah to hold all her calls until she came back. Sarah shot her a flirtatious wink as she walked by, causing Mary to blush and shoot her death glares.

"So where are you thinking for lunch?" Brad asked as they strolled through the town.

"I'm not really sure," Mary mused as she pursed her lips in thought.

"Well, you know what they say," Brad began, slinging his arm playfully around Mary's shoulders, "You can find anything in New York if you know the right people." He stated with a smirk, "And luckily for you, I happen to be the right person."

On the other side of town, Johnathan was contemplating on how long it would take him to reorganize his tie drawer, for the tenth time. His father continued to harangue about his responsibilities as the only heir to the family company.

"You must not think that for one second, I'll hand over the reins until you can prove yourself responsible. That little stint you pulled just cost me three years of my life! Instead of retiring, I was scrounging the globe looking for my hooligan of a son!" his father snapped.

Johnathan waited until he was sure that his father had finished talking before he drawled out, "It's not like I squandered billions of dollars. Relax. I just needed a breather." He said, sinking lower into his seat across from his father, "All my life, I've been expected to take over and I've never been able to indulge in my own interest."

Johnathan casually looked at his father's face to see contained rage. Johnathan always knew that he got his temperament from his father, but it was almost comical to see him act in the way he was at the moment.

"You want to play coy? Fine, from hence forth I want you to managing all of Public Affairs' paper work. I've been meaning to hire a new secretary anyway," Johnathan's father snapped as he slammed his palms onto the oak desk.

Johnathan bristled, he had a temper just like his father's and didn't like being told what to do. The main reason that they never met eye to eye was because they were so much like each other. "You can't make me work, like I'm some sort of intern. It's my birthright to be at the top of this company!"

Johnathan's father stood up, "Then you should have thought about your actions before. Just because you are my only son doesn't mean there are no other eligible or obedient children that can inherit." He said coolly before he walked out of the room.

Johnathan huffed as he stood up. His annoyance with his father had reached a new level. At the same time he knew that everything his father did was because he cared and didn't want to see the ruination of Knightly Ind. Taking a glance at his watch, he saw that is was lunch time. Shrugging his shoulders, Johnathan decided that he was going to treat himself at little and have lunch at La Boca.

Making his way out of the building, Johnathan decided to walk to La Boca. The cacophony of the New York streets filled his ears, and even though he as surrounded by looming buildings, Johnathan's soul felt free. He knew that the streets was where he could be himself, no restraints from society, no warnings from his parents, all by himself with his thoughts.

Johnathan was ushered to a table of one. As he perused the menu, he looked up to see a sophisticated couple. Though the woman in front of him had her back turned, he could feel in his bones that she was beautiful. A familiar jolt went through his heart when he heard the melody of her laugher.

He studied the man further to realize that it was Brad Duncan. He watched as the woman playfully slapped his shoulder, and watched as a flash of desire ran through Brad's eyes. Generally intrigued, Johnathan decided then and there that whoever the woman was, he wanted her. The fact that he would steal her away from his competitor made the joy even sweeter. Loosening his tie a little, Johnathan stood up and stalked towards the beautiful woman.

Mary laughed once more, trying not to snort or do something else embarrassing. Already she had flung a piece of lettuce at Brad on accident. Always prone to accidents, Mary was describing with excitement how she was planning a surprise birthday party for Agnes. In the midst of her ramblings a piece of lettuce had flown from her fork and perched itself on Brad's tie, leaving a vague print in ranch on it.

She thoroughly enjoyed Brad's presence, and thought that he had a good and strong funny bone somewhere in his body. Suddenly his dancing eyes hardened. Motioning to her, Mary leaned in closer to hear what Brad was going to say.

"Don't look now, but here comes trouble," Brad said urgently, a sliver of annoyance in his voice.

"Who is it?" Mary asked, turning to look. Brad was faster; he cupped her check in his hand and turned her face back towards him.

"What part of the don't look do you not understand?" Brad asked seriously, but Mary could see the jingle of humor in his eyes.

Mary smiled guiltily, "Sorry, curious nature."

Brad replied quickly in hushed tones, "Don't worry, same here. Maybe if we stay quiet and don't move he'll go away."

Mary and Brad shared a wicked smile together, "Who is it?" Mary asked quietly.

Before Brad could reply, a different yet familiar voice replied, "Well isn't this a sight for sore eyes?"