3

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who believed in me and my writing! This is also for all of the new friends that I have made! You know who you are and you guys are AMAZING!

Shock mingled with anger as Mary was pressed into the arms on Johnathan. She could feel the searing heat of body through her dress, driving out the chill of the cold air. A blush began to creep onto her checks, never being this close to anyone in an intimate way, Mary was properly flustered.

Johnathan noticed and quipped his eyebrows.  With a playful smile and deadly glint in his eyes, he teased her even more.

“What’s the matter Mary?”

Refusing to allow herself to be mocked, Mary pushed against Johnathan’s sturdy chest; an angry glint flickered in her eyes.

“Release me this instant!” Mary protested, “I am not some plaything that you can take out for a quick romp!”

At that Johnathan barked out a predatory laughter, “Is that what you think I want to do?”

“Look, I don’t care who think you are, but if don’t release me, I will sue the living daylights out of you!” Mary retaliated.

This caused Johnathan to bristle. He had never been threatened by a person so petite and unthreatening before. Most of the threats that he had received were either blackmail or the occasional death threats. Mary intrigued him, and he wanted to see how far he could push her before she snapped.

“I’d like to see you try,” Johnathan murmured before he pressed his lips onto Mary’s.

Mary never anticipated that Johnathan would kiss her. The moment she felt his lips on hers, Mary was petrified. The world faded into the background, sound faded into silence, fall’s chill morphed into summer’s heat. Petrified, it took Mary a second to regain awareness of her surroundings.

Blinking her eyes open, she was surprised to see herself gripping Johnathan’s biceps fiercely. His arms had moved to encircle her waist and his green eyes were closed behind a curtain of eyelashes. Mary didn’t know what to think or how to feel in that moment. All she knew was that she had to get away from Johnathan.

So she retaliated with a shock of her own. Swiftly she brought her knee up and jabbed Johnathan in-between his legs, resulting in a satisfying grunt of pain. She felt Johnathan retract his arms as he searched for the nearest surface to steady himself. With one final resolve, Mary stomped the end of her heel onto the top of his foot, causing him to gasp.

Mary smiled victoriously as she patted her hair and smoothed her dress.

“I hope you’ve learned your lesson,” Mary started, “You can’t just impose yourself on people, especially unwilling young women!”

Mary didn’t wait for Johnathan to reply before she trudged off into a random direction. As long as she got far away from Johnathan and his arrogance, she was going the right way. The patter of her heels and the barrage of thoughts and emotions kept her company until she had finally found a cab home.