Prologue

Prologue

"Pass it over here!" I yelled to the brunette boy on the other side of the grass. I was running up the field as fast as my little legs could take me. I looked down and now had the ball in front of me, when I got close enough to the goal I kicked it and it went straight in.

I jumped up and cheered! My team had won! The little boy who passed me the ball ran over and gave me a high five. "Nice shot!" He smiled. I smiled back and we celebrated with our other teammates.

I was five, and I played on a co-ed football team. We had just won the league championships and we were being awarded, we received medals and a piece of paper with my name, Olivia Collins, on it.

"Olivia, smile." My mum had her camera out so I gave her a big cheeky grin. She smiled then looked into the crowd next to us. "Sweetie, go get Niall so we can take a picture with him too." I nodded and went to retrieve the brunette boy.

He was being crowded around by his parents and family members, also some of the girls on our team. I smiled, grabbing his wrist and we walked back to my mum.

"Smile." I told him. He looked into the camera and gave a huge smile. I felt something on the back of my head, I turned around and saw Niall putting up bunny ears.

"Hey!" I playfully slapped him, we both laughed and mum took some more pictures of the team and our coaches.

Niall turned to me and smiled, "Let's be mates forever and ever. Yeah?" I smiled back and nodded. We locked our little pinky fingers together, not knowing we would carry out this promise for the rest of our lives.

We were only five years old at the time, but a promise is a promise. Niall was my best mate.

A/N: HEY EVERYONE! This is our first fan fiction, hope you like it. Please comment and tell us how it is, we really want to hear what you think. Thanks!!

Love, Cassidy and Shannon xxx