Chapter 46

Chapter 46

The giants were naturally slow and lumbering creatures but their armour and weapons slowed them down even more. They ranged in height from eighteen foot to nearly thirty foot. They rolled forward with very slow and deliberate steps, the entire army of Hell swarmed around them like ants. This was the final move in the battle, nothing to stop this now.

Odin had taken up a command position above the sealed gate, he leant on his golden spear and watched the army advance. He was flanked by Jason and Thor. The thunder god wasn't watching the oncoming horde but was watching Jason closely. He was still in his human form but the battle seemed to have brought his feral side very close to the surface. Thor decided to keep a close on him, any trace of Jason turning into that wild animal and Thor had decided he would throw the druid off the wall without warning or hesitation.

Jason was standing ridged with his hands gripping the wall tightly. He was watching the enemy like a hunter watches prey, he was calculating and sizing them up, muttering to himself as he did. Finally he spoke

"We have to kill the giants! The rest of the attack is just a distraction. We have to focus on the giants"

Odin nodded in agreement, he had already come to the same conclusion but chose not to say so. Thor actually smiled at Jason, even if it was grudgingly and relaxed his grip on Mjollnir's handle slightly. Jason might have a dangerous and wild side that couldn't be controlled but if he was actually willing to turn that feral side against the giants then that was something that Thor could get on board with.

"I think I may have misjudged you. You're not just wild and feral scum!"

Jason simply shrugged. Odin chuckled and said to the thunder god

"That was almost a compliment, are you feeling ok?"

Thor growled and gripped the handle of Mjollnir firmly. Odin nodded and thought. That's more like it.

Eva had been standing quietly behind the trio listening to it all. She raised her twin raven necklace to her lips and whispered into it. She vanished into thin air and barely a minute later reappeared. Odin turned and appraised Eva. She had her longbow in one hand and a quiver stuffed full of arrows in the other. She had two more quivers of arrows hanging from her shoulders. She had certainly come prepared. The one eyed god nodded his approval. Odin turned back to Thor

"We will do the same as before, you get back down the right hand end of the wall with Freyr."

Thor grunted then pounded off down the wall, He grabbed Freyr by the shoulder on the way and dragged him along too. Cassie had also noted Eva's return, she eyed up the stock pile of arrows then gave Eva a filthy look

"All those arrows and only one bow? It's nice to see you think of others!"

Eva tested the tension of her bow string then eyed the black sky

"I didn't realise there were any other archers in our group"

Cassie's face darkened, it was a fair comment. The only other druid that could come close to matching Eva's archery skill was Jason but her preferred to fight with a sword.

"Well it would have been polite to ask!"

Eva shot Cassie a murderous look before pointedly fixing her gaze on the silver necklace Cassie wore

"You know what. You are a big girl now Cassie! I'm sure you are more than capable of fetching your own weapons!"

Cassie took a step forward and Alexia moved in between the girls, playing referee as always