Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Eva was glaring and snarling at Seren, she was talking in some strange language that mixed with words the cat could understand, although none of the things she heard were pleasant. Eva had never felt so strong in all her life, her rage was a well of power that she could draw upon. Even though Seren was in her large sabre-toothed form, Eva was not afraid, she had no fear and knew she could kill it if she had too. But first she needed to break theses chains. Seren had been following Eva's thoughts, she hissed and arched her back, Eva began tugging more furiously on her chains, all the time screaming in that strange language. If she could just break free, the chains would make a great weapon, one swift blow to the cats skull was all it would take. Seren hissed again, taking a couple of steps backwards but then froze. Eva took this as a sign of fear and rattled her chains harder, sending showers of brick dust down over her. Seren looked over her shoulder then suddenly ran from the room, Eva's triumphant laughter and calls of "coward" following. Seren sent a thought back to Eva which totally threw her. "No matter what, we are still friends, I will not hold this against you. I know you are not yourself right now."

Eva froze then sagged like she had physically been struck. Seren was right, she wasn't herself right now. She wasn't a killer or violent. The cat had been a loyal friend and had died sided by side with Eva. It was all too much to work through, Eva slumped in her chains and began to cry. No this was not her at all, what had happened?

For a while Eva drifted off into a fitful sleep, or maybe the darkness had claimed her? Either way she was brought back to reality by a warm and wet sensation at her crotch. Yep she had wet herself. White hot rage ripped through her veins, her senses sharpened as the primal fury boiled inside her, she began working at the chains again, their mountings were giving way, the cracks in the wall growing. Eva paused to catch her breath, her heightened sense of smell was aggravated by the stench of dried blood and her own urine. She was about to start again but was that faint footsteps heading her way? Eva went unnaturally still and listened intently. Her heightened hearing was definitely picking up two sets of footsteps heading her way. The confusing part was her sense of smell was picking up the scent of woodlands and grass? A second scent mingled with it and spoke of ancient snow-capped mountains, of fresh air after a heavy rainstorm. Eva shook her head, clearly she was losing her mind. She continued to focus on the scent, two males heading her way and for some reason the woodland scent made her think of Jason. Eva barked out a harsh laugh in the dark. She was definitely losing it. Jason loved nature- this much was true but he neither worked or lived in the woodlands so why would he smell like it? Eva's temper flared again, she began screaming and tugging on the chains again.

The two men drew closer until they stopped in the doorway, Eva froze and studied the new arrivals. The man with the mountain scent must have been in his late fifties, wild grey hair hung around his shoulders, a simple black patch covered one eye. Eva glared and growled at him, he radiated a power that was endless and ancient. Eva couldn't bring herself to look at the other man, It was Jason, she felt it, she knew it. Was he the one responsible for her being chained in this dungeon? Eva recoiled in horror from that thought. No! Jason had always loved her and always would. He would never do anything to hurt her.

Jason's reaction upon seeing Eva proved this, he gasped in utter horror, she watched as a whole tide of emotions played out across his face. Clearly he was relieved to see her alive but horror struck at the state she was in. Jason's eyes hardened at the sight of dried blood on her wrists and arms, when he caught a whiff of urine. That was it, he saw red.

Jason's blood boiled as he saw red, a rage like he had never felt before flooded through him, rational thought and all sense left his mind. He could feel the power growing inside him, feel it rising, wanting to be used. He focused it all into his right hand fist that was balled and burning with jet black flames. He moved with inhumane speed and swung for Odin's face. The force and strength behind the blow could've shattered solid concrete. Jason felt the impact jar all the way up his arm and deep into his shoulder.