Chapter 1

Tris POV
I wake up, shaking and sweating. These dreams, the dreams of my life two years ago still haunt me. I am no longer the Abnegation-born, Dauntless transfer. I am no longer the 16 year old divergent. I am a spy.

I work with a secret government organisation that hunts down killers, con artists, criminals and well you get the picture. I know what your wondering, how is she not dead. Well here's how it all happened...

2 years before
David shoots me and I begin hallucinating. I thought I saw my mother but it turns out it's just a soldier. I fall to the ground as he injects me with some sort of serum. I recognise it the serum that paralyses you. He takes me to a table and people start to come in. I think it's Tobias and Christina. Tobias starts crying and I want to tell him that I'm not dead but I cant. Christina starts to comfort him and tells him that she has always liked him but she understands if he needs time. Really I'm only dead 5 minutes and she's already moving in on him. She moves fast I'll give her that. This continues for ages and then they eventually leave. I realise that the serum has worn off so I sit up.

Then Matthew comes in. He takes me to a room and explains that I will be going to somewhere called New York City. I will be spying on criminals and killers and well ridding the earth of them. I realise that I'll never be able to see any of my friends again but I agree anyway. They think I'm dead anyway.

Present time
And that's basically what happened. I live in New York and I have tracked down and let's say got rid of many different criminals. Now I'm being called in for a very important meeting. I wonder what it's all about.

Time skip to the meeting
"What?!" I shout. "I have to go back to Chicago?! But all the people from my past are there. I can't do it." "You can and you will. We will give you a makeover and you will have a new name. You can't tell anyone your real name of course. You need to track down this killer." a government official tells me. After many minutes of arguing I agree. I'm sent off to get my makeover. Hopefully this all will be over soon so I can leave Chicago. But maybe I can tell Tobias and we can continue our relationship. Yeah maybe we can...

Time skip to when they are traveling to Chicago.
I have now a reddish/brownish long wavy hair that goes down my back. I wear bright green contacts and have pure white skin. I am now called Clarissa Lockhart but people call me Clary. I have learnt my backstory off by heart. I am from New York and I have just moved to Chicago. That's all I'm allowed to say. I can't wait to see Tobias again. I get out of the car and turn around. I see a tall dark haired man kissing a short mocha skinned girl. I smile soon that will be me and Tobias. Then the two people pull away and my heart stops and breaks. It's Christina and ... and.... and Tobias. What is going on?

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Hey guys so this the first chapter. Plot twist I know right! Pleas tell me if you like it and if you think I should continue it. Thanks guys!