Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Oi, you're in the wrong house

The morning sun shines into the bedroom as Arabella groans and rolls over. The sound of her alarm blares next to her head and she tries to blindly hit the snooze button. Before she knows the alarm starts to sound again. "You have got to be kidding me." She sighs into her pillow before pushing her self out of bed. Waking up early on your birthday is the absolute worst.

Arabella groggily makes her way to the bathroom. After flushing the toilet and washing her wands, she splashes her face with cold water. Once she returns to her bedroom, she makes her way into the closet and grabs her last remaining clothes. Arabella puts on her light green sweater and a pair of blue jeans.

She turns around to look at her almost empty room. All that remained in her room was her bed, bookcase and desk which Edith was going to shrink later this morning. The rest of her belongings were in bags that were placed near the fireplace in the living room. It still felt surreal to Arabella that she would be leaving Edith's to move in with her biological family. It would only be a few hours until her parents would come to pick her up.

Arabella quickly pulls her hair back into a ponytail before moving down to the kitchen. When she enters the kitchen, she is welcomed with the sight of Edith setting the table with breakfast.

"Happy birthday Arabella! How did you sleep last night?"

Arabella sits at the seat closest to the door before answering, "Pretty average. I struggled to get all my thoughts and questions out of my head last night."

"I can only imagine," Edith says as she begins to serve herself breakfast.

Arabella scoops some fresh fruit onto her plate before buttering a piece of toast. The two continue to eat their breakfast in comfortable silence with the ticking of the clock and clinking of cutlery acting as background noise.

The silence is ended when Edith rises from her seat and begins to clean up the table. Arabella passes her plate to Edith who flicks her wand and the dishes start to wash on their own. Arabella watches as Edith walks into the pantry and comes out with a wrapped present in her arms. She places the present on the table in front of Arabella.

Edith smiles at Arabella, "I hope you like it."

Arabella gently pulls at the sticky tape before just ripping the wrapping paper apart. Underneath the wrapping paper, she finds a purple gift box and when she opens the lid she finds some different objects. Arabella first pulls out a small journal with a floral design on the front. Stuck on the front of the journal is a parchment note reading to keep track of all your new adventures with your family. The next object she pulls out of the box is a smaller gift box. Arabella finds a silver necklace with a dove charm inside the smaller box. Arabella falls in love with the necklace at her first glance and she immediately puts the necklace on herself. The rest of the box contains a mixture of new clothes.

"Thank you, Edith, I love all of it."

"I'm glad to hear that! Would you like me to go up and shrink the rest of your furniture now?"

"That sounds good to me," Arabella replies as she returns all of the items to the gift box and replaces the lid

"Oh before I forget, this arrived for you earlier this morning." Edith passes her a thick envelope as she leaves the room.

Arabella holds the envelope in her hands as she reads the emerald green ink on the front.

Miss A Weasley
The smallest bedroom
108 Caldecott Lane
Romney Marsh