His choice

His time was up, no more choices, no more running away, he had steeled his heart for days just for this moment, he can't fail now.

It was the late afternoon, where the evening sun rays were barely visible, casting its warm yet fleeting light into the sky.

Midoriya slumped against an alley wall, hands clammy as he fingered the cold metal of the gun. It wasn't an ordinary gun, he could see that the bullets inside shone with a sickly yellow, they were, after all, modified to resist high and freezing temperatures, with an increased hardness, all to kill a certain someone.

It wasn't that difficult, wasn't it?

All he had to do was to pull the trigger.

But then why was his heart beating so frantically? 

Why were his hands trembling?

Why was he crying?

He grabbed his hair, those murky green locks of his, and lifted it up, exposing bare scalp where he had ripped out all his hair from.
Torn and bleeding,
But he couldn't tell anyone.

Shaking his head to clear his mind, he stepped out of the shadows and back into the light.

He must do this.

Soon he felt his hand rest on a familiar doorknob, the one that led to Todoroki's apartment.

"I'm home..." Midoriya muttered as he stepped gingerly into the house.

"Welcome back." Was the curt reply he got, he lifted his head to see Todoroki, sitting on the couch, looking at him with a mixed expression.

He didn't say anything as Midoriya sank into the couch, rubbing his head in an attempt to relief his throbbing migraine.

"You've gotten worse, is there something bothering you?" His eyes showed concern, as he stretched out one hand hesitantly, he himself unsure of what to do.

Barely holding back his tears, Midoriya inched closer to him, one hand in his back pocket, brushing the taser he had looted from the security guards in Endeavor's office with shaky hands.

Maybe just this once, he can let himself indulge.

He leaned against Todoroki's chest, feeling his steady heartbeat, his lean build, his warmth. In a desperate attempt to calm himself down.

Todoroki was clearly stunned, but didn't refuse his touch, and hugged Midoriya, nuzzling the crook of his neck. Trying to provide him with whatever comfort he needed.

Midoriya hugged back, swallowing his regret, and drew out the taser. Slowly but swiftly, he cursed himself for being able to be calmed down by him enough.

There was a faint zapping sound, and he felt Todoroki go limp in his arms.

He couldn't tolerate it any further, and the tears clouding his eyes finally spilled out.

He couldn't sit there and cry for as long as he wanted to though. He had a job to do.

Heaving Todoroki's body, he dragged him out, supporting him by slinging his hand on his shoulder.

Walking around would be a real pain in the ass, he'd have to explain himself for the limp human beside him, specifically the person being Todoroki Shoto.