Conflict

"For the god damned last time, I'm not staying with you." Midoriya seethed.

He was in a middle of a word battle with Todoroki.

"That was what your mother wished, Midoriya."

"Bullshit, don't you dare put words into my mother's mouth."

"It's the truth, Midoriya. I'm not going to let you out of my sight ever since you came back late to the office last night." Todoroki narrowed his eyes.

"How did you even know I was out, you creepy stalker, get off my tail and buzz off."

"Midoriya," Todoroki was exasperated. "It'll be easier if you just comply."

"Say that to me once you comply to your father too."

Todoroki was visibly angered by that statement.

"You don't even know anything, don't go assuming what other people's lives are when you don't even know them."

"Does that mean you're saying you know me? Todoroki-kun?"

Midoriya laughed.

"Hahaha, Midoriya Izuku? Unravelled by you? Never in a million years, pro hero Shoto."  Midoriya purred, emphasizing his name.

He wasn't really sure of what to expect, but this wasn't certainly one of them.

Todoroki's cheeks were dusted a light pink, as if he had caught him off guard.

He slowly approached him, and for once Midoriya was actually scared of what he might do.

Slowly backing away, he found himself conveniently  pressed against a wall as he watched the oncoming Todoroki.

Todoroki's eyes were darkened, and his mouth was curving up into a smirk.

Midoriya honestly had no idea what was going on with him, but found his heart beating faster, and a familiar rush of adrenaline.

Todoroki placed a hand on Midoriya's waist, causing him to flinch, as his other hand caressed his cheek.

"Oh, so we're playing this game now?" Todoroki huskily said.

He had no idea Todoroki had this side to him, but it was really effective, as Midoriya felt his face grow hot.

"Be careful of who you seek refuge out there, some people may look like they care, but they actually don't. Izuku. "

And the tension dissipated as he returned to his original self

"I'll come persuade you tomorrow." Todoroki said, turning away from Midoriya and walking out of the door.

Midoriya stood there for a solid minute. His head was in an overdrive.

What am I doing?

"You don't need these things in your life Izu."

"They're just obstacles."

He picked up his phone.

"...Hiya!! This is Himiko Toga speaking!! What can I do for you!"

"Toga?"

"Izu?" Toga's voice practically shone with joy.

"Yeah, has the preparations been completed?"

"Yes!! I've found just the right guy to fight forest man , of course the ending blow will be yours, Izuku."

"Ah yes, thank you, also are you going to introduce me to him?"

"Nope! I've sent him to your office for a face to face!"

"Ah... you... wait what?"

"Hello."

How timely.

Midoriya hung up the phone, focusing his gaze on the man in front of him, he looked really plain, if not for the patches of purple around his eyes and face.

"Are you Midoriya Izuku?"

"Yes. Pleased to be your acquaintance. And you are?"

"... Dabi."

"Ah..." Midoriya smiled. "Are you here to help me?"

"Depends, what's in it for me."

"I'll give you Kamui's body, your boss would probably like a new hand to his collection.

Dabi sniggered.

"That's lousy, Izuku. You can do better than that."

"The life of another hero?"

Dabi smiled.

"Yes."

Midoriya laughed, "Alright, lets do this."

"Splendid, Toga's luring him from the city right now, he'll be far away from his comrades before we attack him. Shall we go?"

Midoriya grinned.

"Let's."

A/N: Super short and super early chapter for 3K!! I'll go back to weekly updates now weheheheh

Thank you for following up with Fractured !!