Savior

"Midoriya, wake up."

Midoriya grunted, slowly opening his eyes, letting them adjust themselves to the sunlight streaming in the room.

He was home, but it wasn't exactly home.

It may never be home. Either.

He turned to see a Todoroki, donning a tousled display of bed hair, crumpled clothes, and a slightly ticked off expression.

"What is it, it's freaking 9am. And today's a day off."

"I've got a call from the office, saying that villains have attacked in the vicinity." Todoroki's eyes narrowed at Midoriya, whom shrugged.

"Well, good luck."

He was about to drape the blanket over himself again when Todoroki drawled.

"You're coming too."

"And why is that so? Todoroki-kun."

"Because I need to keep watch over you."

"Are you kidding me." Midoriya's mouth was slightly parted, awaiting the command to spew out more insults.

Todoroki's face darkened, and Midoriya sighed. Getting up early in the morning was crappy enough for both of them, the last thing he wanted was to be at loggerheads at each other too.

It was problematic.

Midoriya dragged himself out of bed, stretching himself.

Todoroki let out a hum of approval.

It took them no more than a couple of minutes to reach the city, from his little apartment.

Arriving at the city, Midoriya was no less surprised, fire had broken out everywhere, building debris strewn on the roads, over turned cars. The usual things you'd see during a villain attack.

It was boring to him.

"Stay here and don't move." Todoroki told him, urgency laced his words.

Midoriya shrugged, still trying to blink away the sleepiness.

He watched Todoroki spring into action, he had to admit, Todoroki was efficient, rescuing the citizens first. He scanned the surroundings, strange.

Where were the villains?

He stood there for a whole minute, watching Todoroki, lost in thought. Before a maniacal growl sounded at his side. He knew that sound too well, and watched Todoroki turn his head, eyes lighting up with recognition.

A noumu.

It came crashing through, gripping the leg of a female civilian, it's growls drowning her pleas.

The noumu was winged, with weird thorns on its palm for claws , not very muscular, but not to be fooled with.

Todoroki swung his hand, ice shards materialized and flew towards it.

Midoriya watched as the noumu inserted its weird claws into the ground.

Vines shot out, shielding it from the shards, which embedded themself into the green.