Chapter - 14

I was filled with amazement to meet Alex there.

"What do you expect? Of course, I'm shopping." He said and I know he was fibbing, "Oh really? where are the things you bought then?" I asked sarcastically. "I still haven't bought anything." He answered.

"Okay, then happy shopping." I smirked as I tried to walk away, I did not even know where I was trying to go.

"Devona." He called me again, I stood, breathed and turned to face him again, "What?" I demanded.

"Actually, I'm already done shopping." He said, "So?" I folded my arms.

"You have to come to my house." He suddenly said, as I looked at him with a big, confused eyes.

"What craziness are you talking about?" I exclaimed.

"It's not what you think." He simply said as he started walking towards me, "My parents wanted to meet you."

And that is even more surprising, what? I bet he could read my face of amusement, "Don't worry, I think they just want to show their gratitude to you for giving me tuitions." He said.

"There is really no need-" I was cut off before I finished my sentence, "I'm afraid my parents insisted on it, my dad is a very busy man, and he cleared his schedule tonight to have dinner with you, you need to come." It was a demand.

I was even more surprised now, "That doesn't make sense, my parents would-"

"Your parents are already informed and they have already given me their permission to borrow you for tonight, if you don't believe what I say, you can call them up." He stated.

I looked around the mall, shifted my eyes around, for a thought. Will I go with him? What he if lies or what if he is simply saying the truth? Maybe his parents were actually thankful since he always neglected his studies and now, he even decided to take tuitions. I looked at his eyes, and I somehow feel like he was not lying.

"Why should I trust you?" I eyed him.

"You don't have to." He answered me simply, "Take out your phone and call your Mum if you must."

I breathed deeply, and moved away a little further and dialled my Mum.

"Ann baby." I heard her voice on the line, "Have you reached the place already? Oh, and why have you never told me the person who take tuition to you is Alex Bilimoria, you made me look like an idiot Mother who doesn't even have a clue who take tuition under her own daughter." All I heard for the first minutes were her berating, I listened by my right ear and let them all out from my left ear. "Mum, can you be serious now?" I asked.

"Is dad home? Did he allow me to go?" I asked hoping to get an answer no.

"Don't worry about your dad, darling, I will take care of that, now listen to your Mum, behave okay? Remember all the manners I've taught you since you were young, remember to smile-"

"I know Mum, I know, I've heard it a thousand times already."

"They said they are going to drop you off before 6, so I'll be expecting you around that time, alright?" I can feel her smile through the phone. I don't understand why she was so excited about this.

I put down my phone as I turned to look at Alex who was looking at me with the face that translated to, 'I told you so.'

"By the way, we will have to stop by a bookstore." He said.

"Whatever would you need at a bookstore?" I asked, "I need to buy a school textbook." He answered, "Do you know any good bookstore around here?"

"Not around here." I said madly. I hate the way my Mum sound so interested and excited by hearing upon the Bilimoria family, I hate how people, even my Mum wants to please them, this world is only made for the rich, is it? Why must the poor do everything for the rich? My head was completely surrounded by crazy but upright thoughts which I never thought about before, only if Toni and I could exchange our bodies for a day, he would kill immensely to have dinner with the Bilimoria family, while here I have no interest in going, but needs must as the situation arise.

Maybe during our argument, the rain had already stopped falling, and Alex drove to the nearest bookstore I told him about.

"Go, I'll wait in the car." I said as he shook his head, "No, girl you are coming with me." He said as he freed himself from his seat belt.

"Why must I?" I demanded.

"You are my tutor, aren't you? What if I need help in choosing the best textbook?"

"Do you know you sound utterly ridiculous right now?" I asked, but he kept on insisting that I go with him, and I agreed since he was a stubborn ass who would not move until I move my ass.

But all of my moody feelings left my body as soon as I stepped inside the bookstore, it was a blessing for sore eyes, everywhere I look, there were books. I spotted many books I had read before and I looked at them with a seductive smile.

"Why are you looking at that book as if you had an affair with it?" Alex's sudden voice from behind made me jumped a bit, an affair he said? Oh, I think it could look like that for others.

"Why?" I looked at him with a smile, "Jealous I slept with that book?" I smirked and went passed him to find myself a good book now that I'm in a bookstore.

"Your personality do change a lot, you know that?" Alex followed me as I went to the Fiction's Corner, "Hmm?" I asked, not even concentrating on his questions as I was busy looking for books.

I believe we spent almost half an hour in the bookstore as I was buying all the books which could fit in my arms, after I chose more books than I can read in weeks, I think I was finally done.

I searched for Alex but he was not behind me anymore, I looked around and there, I spotted him.

It was a perfect view, I must admit, a deadly handsome face sitting in the corner, and to make it even better, there was a book in his hands, I stood where I was, looking at him. I saw him faintly looking up from the book he was reading and saw me standing there, gazing at him, he got up and walked towards me, "You ready?" He asked as I nodded.

He helped me carry my books, well he carried all of them even when I told him not to, "Anyway, you do not look like a type who would read." I said, as I could not believe my eyes when I saw him reading a book.

"I'm not." He simply said while driving.

"Then what were you reading earlier? In the bookstore?"

"I was not reading, I was looking at the pictures."

This man was impossible, I thought as I shook my head, looking at the pictures, he said? My ass.

"Did you at least buy a good textbook?" I asked, as I was busy with myself the whole time, I had no time to look at the text book for him.

He shook his head, "I remember I have the one I tried to buy, Simon borrowed it."