Chapter - 48

"Levi treats me with the same affection he shows for the furniture, while here you are officially the girlfriend of Simon, could life be more unfair?" Toni whined for the whole class, but we all know he was happy to the greatest length that Simon and Ash were finally officially together, "I still can't trust him blindly, watch out Ash," I added to Ash who was the happiest person in the whole world right now, "Everything will be fine Ann, don't worry, can you just hug me again right now? I'm so chuff I think I will faint."

Toni hastily hugged her in my place and whimpered, "I'm so happy for you, at least your fairy-tale came true," He broke the hug and now his usual smile was back on his lips, "Now tell me everything." He demanded boisterously. And just like that the whole morning elapsed by.

Ash and I sat by the usual place where we and the amigos eat our lunch, Ash was nervous than usual and fidgeted the whole time, "Chill Ash, it's not like this is the first time you see him."

"My heart is beating so fast, I don't know why, I'm just so excited to meet him, oh no, I'll say it again, I'm just so excited to meet my boyfriend." Then she covered her mouth with both her hands and shout in a whispered tone, I laughed at her silliness, she deserved this happiness and so much more, even if after Alex and I split, at least maybe Ash and Simon could have a happily ever after.

I felt the buzz of my phone on my pants and I took it out, "A minute." I said to Ash and went to a corner to take the call, "What do you want right now?" I whispered in a haste, Alex could come any minute now, Gerald should have known better than to call me during school time, "Progress, I want progress, darn it Andrea, you only have one and a half month now."

"I know, you don't have to remind me, my parents already have the money we borrowed-"

"Ah ah, even if your parents could come up with the amount now, what about the other 9 million? Huh?" He paused a bit then continued as I kept quiet, "Just get him to propose to you soon and that's it, you'll leave him, see? No harm done."

No harm done? NO HARM DONE?? I swear if I had a knife and an approbation from the police to kill anyone I want right now, I'd shove the knife through Gerald freaking Perine's body. I kept quiet until I calm myself down and answered slowly, "How do you even know he wants to marry me? He's just 19."

"Andrea, do you think me that dunce? Everybody knows Alex Bilimoria needs to get married as soon as possible, given his father's condition, he needs to secure their family line and have children, before any of his selfish and ambitious relatives declared war to have the company for themselves, don't tell me you don't know that?"

I sighed, I loathe the fact that I couldn't deny what he said was all true, then the corner of my eyes caught a glimpse of Alex walking down the cafeteria, followed by his two meanest, fanciest and most loyal mates, Simon and Levi. "I need to go." I cut the call and walked towards Ash and sat down beside her, "Just in time, there our boyfriends are." She squealed in my ears, "Do I look okay?" She asked as I nodded without even looking at her.

Alex saw me and smiled, and the whispers around us got louder as his smile rose up, I was literally the most lucky woman in the room, to have Alex as my man, to have him smile when he saw me, but soon this would all be over, and I would be the most unlucky woman, and to make it worse, it would all be done by me.

I shook away my thoughts, maybe the key for me to move forward was not to eliminate everything I was feeling, maybe all I needed to do was focus on the one feeling that made all the other seems small, and right now, Alex was the only one I could think of. I returned his smile as he sat down beside me, "How was your morning? Did you have breakfast?" He asked his two usual questions, this was one trait of Alex that I endeavour to adopt myself, he never once forgot to ask me if I had breakfast or how my day had been, he made me feel important. "It was good, a little boring, and yes I had breakfast, you?" I asked back, "Oh everything's a whole lot better now that I'm with you." His eyes smiled at me.

"Do you know that your uncle Frederick is getting married for the fourth time?" Levi asked, while reading something from his phone, "The wedding is taking place at Qeula Island, isn't that your family island?" He continued to ask, "We spent your 16th birthday there, don't we?" Simon butt in, as Alex nodded, "Who is this uncle Frederick?" I asked Alex but I got the answer from Levi, "Just this uncle who waited for the death of Alex's father his whole life."

"What?" Ash asked, incredulous, "It's not like Frederick tried to hide that fact, but it seems like his wait will continue even after he himself die." Simon smirked as Alex finally joined them, "He'll be grief-stricken when he hears that I'm getting married."

At his last sentence, Ash had trouble gulping down the water she just drank, I looked at Alex, "Getting married? With who?" I asked, and what a stupid question to ask, it would have been better if I act like I didn't hear what he just said. "Are you- with who am I getting married? Who do you think? A chair you're sitting on? Andrea, of course with you." He stated calmly, as if marriage was a small matter for him.

Marriage, marriage, marriage!!!

The word repeated in my head like a loud drum, I still have one and a half month, he can't talk of marriage now, he can't, he must not. I got up abruptly, "What's wrong?" Alex asked, looking up at me, "Nothing, I just need to use the loo." I said and brushed off to the girl's toilet. I shut the door tightly as I stepped inside the toilet.

I sighed heavily and I looked at myself in the mirror, and my face got red and shame was hitting me like a wave even though I was alone, I could not look at myself in the mirror anymore and hid my face with my palm, I maybe the most abominable and awful person in the world. "You okay, Ann? Alex asked me to check on you." I heard Ashlynn's sweet and careful voice, I opened the door for her as she came in with heedful moves, "What's wrong?" She asked slowly, it was impossible to hide the fact that everything was wrong at the moment, with Gerald calling me today to remind me of the awful thing I signed up for in which I have no way to turn to, and Alex's mentioning of a marriage was just so much to absorbed in one shot. Without any slightest intention, I poured out my heart to Ash, I didn't care if she judged me, or if she berated me or if she think that I was the most vile, and horrible person in the world, I just needed to tell someone. I needed to come clean to someone or the guilt I carried on my own would eat me inside till I was completely empty.