Chapter - 11

Queen of Mathematics.

How sweet and beautiful does that sound? And to make it better, my mates and my parents decided to have a little celebration of our own, I told them that it was not something we need to celebrate, I mean, it's not a state competition, just a school, but my mates insisted on it. And honestly, it was not a very bad idea, we had fun, I had fun.

Since I'm an only child, all my parents did after I was born was look at my every step-in life. And they could not be happier for me when I won the competition. I believed I slept with a smile on my face that night.

"You are incredibly popular, you know that?" Toni looked up from his phone and smiled at me.

"Of course, yes, she's the Queen of Math." Ash declared, "Everybody in the group chat talked about you." Elly giggled.

"Even before you were the QOM, you were quite famous already because of Alex alright." Toni added, there could never be a single conversation without Alex in it if Toni's around.

"I bet Kassidy must be devastated." William said in between his meals.

"Why? Because he stood 2nd?" I asked as I took a bite of my lunch.

"I heard he did not take it well, not that I blame him, he was the King of Math last year." Elly commented.

"As much as I enjoy watching Ann being the winner, I don't see any need for this competition, me? Math and I hate each other, I don't understand people who love Math." Ash looked at me, "No offence dear, you were wonderful."

I smiled, "None taken." And I meant it. A lot of people, no most of the people don't like Math, even my Mum.

"So, hang at the club tonight? Bobby's going to be there." Elly asked us as she got up from her seat, I did not even notice her eating her lunch, all she did was typing in her phone and talked.

"I'll bring Joy." Toni smirked, as I heard Joy was currently Toni's playdate. Not that he seems serious about him at all, all he talked about are still the amigos.

Amigos? Yeah, the amigos, as in Alex, and his fanciest, meanest and most loyal friends, Simon and Levi. It's not their official group name, it was just something Toni came up with as a whole to address them. Because well, he had nothing better to do than talking about these boys. How could a person have obsessed over one another this much? I would not know, as I had never. The only stuff I obsessed over didn't exist at all. The fictional world.

"I'll bring Simon." Ash said dreamingly as we all looked at her, not believing any word of it, she did not even have the courage to talk to him, and bringing him to a hang? Not close.

"I wish I could say that." She quickly added, "Anyway, I'll bring myself." She brushed it off.

"I'll be late, uh but I'll be there." William stated.

And then they all looked at me who haven't said anything yet. I had hang with them numerous times and it was great but I went to the club with them once before, and I sincerely regretted it, it was so noisy and I wanted to shout 'SHUT UP' to everybody's faces but I did not, Clubs were supposed to be with a hell of a lot of noise and it was my fault by agreeing to go there in the first place, and I had no intention of making the same horrible mistake.

"My uncle is not very well." I said, "And we're visiting him tonight so." I smiled awkwardly, hoping they would get away with my obvious lie.

"Okay, but everyone else, do not be late, have a nice class guys." She winked at us, and we were sure she was skipping class, if Elly said 'Have a nice class' it only meant one thing, that she was bunking.