Chapter - 52

"Judging on how nervous I was at the beginning of the day; the day went well." Ash commented beside me. The wedding was over, Frederick Bilimoria was officially now married for the fourth time. Most of the guest went home after dinner, and a few close family and friends stayed behind to celebrate it, and no matter how awkward I might feel to be here after only a few families stayed behind, Alex insisted on my staying, he could have anyone drop me off, but he did not. We spent most of the evening and dine together, but he completely disappeared from sight after dinner, he told me to wait for him at my seat and it had been hour since he said that. "Don't you think Alex took terribly long? What is he doing? Should I call him?" I asked Ash, probably for the tenth time now, "No, and no Andrea, relax, maybe he met some relatives on the way, he will be here soon."

"I can't figure out how you can be so cool right now? Don't you feel anything?"

"Why should I feel anything?" She asked, "This is strictly family celebration time now, we don't have any permission to be even here now." I stated as she gave me a funny look, "You're dating a Bilimoria, aren't you? That should be permission enough."

I could not believe she could joke at a moment like this, I gave her a sharp look, "What?" She demanded, "Look I'm sorry Ann, but Simon told me to relax and promised me that this is going to be the night we're going to remember forever." She smiled showing her teeth, I could only guess she was actually happy to be here and that she didn't feel any slightest stress that I did, "I trust Simon, so I'm relaxing here waiting to know what the night would unfold." She said sipping her drink.

"Every night is a night they are going to remember forever if the boys have a drink." I hissed, annoyed. "Damn Ann, relax yourself." She put her drink in my hand, "Here drink this, it will calm you, I promise, in fact it will make you feel wonderful."

"Ash, I'm not drinking, you're probably kind of drunk now." I rejected the drink as she pouted at me, "You're so solemn, you should try to have more fun."

"I can't have fun when I'm tense!" I admitted, "Why in the world are you tense right now?"

"I don't know!" I raised my voice a bit which made her to still her tongue, I cleared my throat and tried to persuade her not to have any more drink when I heard Alex's voice loud and clear.

I quickly turned around and immediately spotted him at the stage, where the bride and the bridegroom were sitting, along with the musicians.

"I congratulate my uncle for getting married to his..." He paused for a brief second and went on, "Well, fourth love of his life." The whole crowed laughed at his last statement, but his uncle didn't look exactly pleased.

"What is he doing?" Ash whispered to me, "I have no idea." I answered hastily. For reasons I didn't know, the heart inside my chest beat exceptionally fast.

"I'm a selfish creature, and for the sake of my own feelings, care not how I may be wounding yours uncle, I know it's your wedding day but can I have the lights over here, please?" He asked as the lights shone at him and me?

My head just said no multiple times in all the language I know, I need to get out of this situation, this was not how the night's supposed to end, no, no, no. Can I teleport myself right now? To anywhere, anywhere would be a better place than here right now. I felt Ash's tight grip on my arm, "An-nn..." Her shaking voice told me she was afraid of what would happen just like I was. What was I supposed to do? There were still so many things I want to do with Alex, so many foods I want to taste with him, so many places I want to visit with him, so many nights I want to spend with him, and so many mornings I want to wake up with him, this couldn't be happening right now.

I should have stood my ground, I should have never gone to this wedding in the first place, but it was too late, everything was too late. Alex was at the stage, happier than I have ever seen him to be, and every eye were staring at me.