Chapter - 9

I can't really tell who's the actual mate of Toni, me or my Mum. As expected, Mum adores him, and they gossiped for almost 10 minutes together as Ash and I waited for him in our living room, he would not allow us to go up to my room without him yet he talked with Mum as if they were the only people in the entire Universe. My Mum has the kind of personality which is really easy to get along with, she can make anyone her best friend in just 5 minutes, I swear, she is a true conversationalist. And I also believe Toni's just the same, and them being together? It's just so good to see them together gossiping as if they were both in their teenage years.

"He's always like that, even my Mum adores him, he kind of has his ways with mothers." Ash laughed, "But how long must we wait? I have so much to talk about." She pouted.

"Excuse me ladies." I shouted at Mum and Toni, I looked at Mum and stated, "May we have our mate now, if you two are done with your gossip?" I laughed as Ash joined me.

They walked towards us still talking to each other, "Thanks to you dear Toni, I know a lot of things about school and stuff, my daughter never tells me anything." She clarified, as Toni answered, "My pleasure, did you know that I thought you were Ann's sister because you look so young?"

Their laughter continued, these humans and their good words, I thought. Finally, Mum went inside Dad's office to help him with his work.

"I like your Mum." Toni giggled as we walked up to my room, oh I was sure he did. Ash and I eyed each other as if we did not know.

"Your room is so cute, oh my God, why haven't I visit you before?" Toni asked as he walked around my room, commenting about every part.

"How did you guys even find out where I live?" I asked as I sat on my bed beside Ash.

"Seriously Ann? Don't you remember you told me exactly where you live in the class before?" She asked.

"Ah, right, it must have slipped my mind."

"Or maybe you forgot because what happened to you these days made you a little bit mad." He teased.

I threw the pillow at him, "Don't start." I dared him.

"It was so romantic." He started, OH GOD, there was no stopping Toni.

"How could you not feel anything for that hot human? How could your heart not skip a beat when he talked to you with that sexy voice of his?"

"Why should I feel anything?" I asked with a blank expression, oh my heart did skip a beat the first time he talked to me, and my head also felt a little numb when he whispered something in my ears, but someone like Alex was the last person on Earth I would feel anything for.

"I told you, she's mad." Ash told Toni as Toni nodded his head in agreement.

"Other girls might fall for his petty tricks, but not me." I declared.

They scanned me both before they started laughing, "What?" I asked confusedly.

"Wait a minute girl, did you just say other girls?" Toni asked, still laughing.

"What?" I demanded again, curious to know what was so funny.

"There's no other girls in Alex's life." Ash finally said after she was done laughing. "Well, as far as we know." She added.

"You're lying." I commented.

"Believe me girl." Toni said, "I've been obsessing over him since junior high, and he's never dated any girl which gives us gay a big hope thinking that maybe he's gay, but nah, as soon as you appeared, he did something he's never done." Toni faked a cry. "I had sincerely hoped that he was gay."

"Something he's never done, as in?"

"Oh, don't be silly. As in letting go of someone he was about to punish? No, never, but he let go because of you, he traded his punishment with your introduction, how romantic is that."

"I don't think that's romantic." I stated.

"Then what about attending a class because of you?"

"Who said he attended class because of me? Maybe he simply wants to listen to the lecture." I fought back, but I know deep down that that was not the reason either.

"Don't kid yourself girl, he looked at you the entire period. I was losing my breath in front of you." He shouted, "His aura was so intense."

Only if Toni knew what he said to me before he left, should I tell him? But I know how he's going to react, and my head is already full of his teasing, I decided to keep to myself first.

"Anyway guys, what is Alex's full name?" I asked even though I kind of already know, but I just wanted to be sure.

"Alexander Donovan Bilimoria." Toni told me smiling like an idiot, "His name sounds like a King's name."

So, he is indeed our biggest shareholder's son.

"But Ann," Ash nudged at me, "Be careful." She said in a low voice. "I assure you, Alex is not the type you want to mess with."

Toni sighed, "Ashlynn's right. Even though I obsessed over him because of his good looks, he is one hell of a cruel man." Toni got up from his seat and plopped down at the bed with us, "I somehow could not believe that I'm falling for such a beast." He wailed, "But I'm over him now." He sat up at the bed, "Turns out he is not gay, and he is interested in my mate, I will let him go, I will give him to you now." He sounded somehow proud.

"Was he ever yours for you to give him to someone else?" Ash shouted at him. "WAH!" Toni shouted back, "Don't spoil my mood. And then the rest of the night elapsed with lots of laughter and fun and they stayed till half past 10.

They made my night so much better, so sad Elly and William could not join us, but Elly was grounded, and William said he had an assignment to do, but I was not sure if he really had an assignment to do or maybe he just doesn't want to tag along.

The school next day went smoothly, hours passed like minutes, I had lots of Mathematics class, and I loved it. There was nothing on my mind, no Alex, no trouble, no stress, I was solving Mathematics with all my heart. Some students used to find me strange as to how I love Math so dearly. But I told them it runs in the family.

And the last class contained an uptight excitement for me, our Math teacher announced that there's going to be a Math Competition, it's not compulsory for the student who are weak in the subject, but at least 10 students from each section should enrol for it, and I was the first person to submit my name for it.

How heavenly was that going to be for me, a test for me to actually prove how good I am in Math and to see how good the other students are, a competition I must win, at all costs. And since that last class and to the moment I went home, I vowed not to read any novel until and unless the competition was over, and I started solving Math day and night.