Isabelle Olympus part 21

Hello guys! Sorry it's been a while but here's the next chapter. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

To say I was busy over the next few weeks would be an understatement. Things were hectic. The parents of the demigods were all panicking about the bad weather and natural disasters that were occurring, they knew something was up and they wanted to know what it was. My previous assumption that nobody knew Chiron’s office telephone number was proven to be very wrong, it was ringing off the hook with worried parents demanding answers. I spent most of the day in Chiron’s office trying to appease them whilst still trying to look after the ever increasing numbers of campers arriving. Many parents were too worried to have their kids at home, thinking it would be safer to send them here so they were all arriving early before summer started and I wasn’t quite prepared for them. Not to mention the fact that Annabeth and Clarisse were still trying to make me trip up and spill something by accident by flinging questions at me when I was least expecting it!

Ugh, they just wouldn’t drop it! Like I needed the extra stress right now! I was facing the biggest challenge of my life right now, running this camp was the biggest job I’d ever been given and I wanted to prove to everyone that I could do it, and I didn’t need the two of them pestering me about things that I wasn’t even allowed to tell them. They knew that they were starting to annoy me, but this didn’t seem to stop them instead they saw it as a weakness and they kept on picking at it, thinking that if they annoyed me enough I’d crack and give up.

I let out a heavy sigh falling into a chair behind the main table in the dining area. These past few weeks I had been sitting up here by myself, Chiron was away at Yancy Academy with this Perseus demigod and Dionysus still wasn’t back yet so I had the table all to myself. I didn’t like it, eating alone just reminded me of when I first came to camp and I had to take turns sitting at every God’s table so that my parents didn’t feel like I was favouring one of them over another, I ate alone for a lot of the time and I hated it. Like I had needed to feel any more apart from the other kids, I was already different, sitting on my own just made me feel it. No one ever made fun of me or even really commented on how different I was to a normal demigod, but I don’t know if it was just because they never thought of it, or because they didn’t want my parents to strike them down. Don’t get me wrong, I was never ashamed of what I was, in fact I have always been very proud to be linked to every Olympian God that there is ... it’s just that when you’re growing up, you’re very aware of when you’re different to the other kids, and I was very different.

Dionysus still wasn’t back from Olympus. The actual argument (and by ‘argument’ I mean screaming match) between Poseidon and Zeus had ended last week, now they were onto the stage where they weren’t taking to each other, were avoiding each other whenever possible and glaring daggers when they did meet. Childish if you ask me, but they never did, they knew that I didn’t approve of them fighting, it didn’t stop them though. The argument may be over but the tension in the air at Olympus was stifling, I went there a couple of times a week to try and talk to one of them and see if I could get this whole thing worked out but all that ended up happening was that I got an earful about how awful the other was, “Zeus always blames me” “Poseidon has always been jealous”, it went on and on. They never seemed to tire of ranting about the other one, and I was forced to sit there and listen to it over and over again in the hopes that it would release all their anger so that they could stop arguing and put more effort into looking for the master bolt. Of course people were looking for the bolt now, Zeus wouldn’t just sit back and wait, no, he had sent nearly every god out looking for it. I say nearly for I know as a fact that Dionysus was not one that he sent to look for the master bolt, and yet he still wasn’t back here at camp. He was using this argument as an excuse to stay away, he knew that when he got back here he would have more responsibilities as Chiron was away and he didn’t want to have to deal with that. He hated having to work with the kids here, and claimed to hate the kids too, but I knew that that bit was a lie, he didn’t hate them, he just resented that he was forced to stay here, he didn’t like being told what to do, no god did, his ‘hatred’ of the campers was him rebelling against his punishment. I hadn’t expected Dionysus back the day Chiron left, but I have to admit that I didn’t think he was going to leave me on my own for this long, he must know how hard I’m finding this, so why wasn’t he back yet? I tried looking for him when I was in Olympus but I could never find him, I knew he was hiding from me as he didn’t want to be yanked back here, but if he doesn’t come back here of his own free will in the next two weeks I will hunt him down and drag him back here by his ears. There’s only so much that an 18 year old can take, and what with all the frantic parents, nagging questions about what was going on from the kids and the daily pressures of running the camp, I was reaching my limit.