21.

MARCEL.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Marcel's heart hurt. Badly. Everything he had been fearing for ever since Niall had asked him out had happened.

Marcel was sitting in front of the telly in Louis' living room, not really watching the TV, his mind still running over the eventful date.

Marcel didn't even want to go to his own house, because Niall knew his address and because both he and Louis had seen him outside more than once. It baffled Marcel how much Niall wanted to talk to him after that day, but Marcel couldn't bring himself to. He wanted to talk to Niall again, he missed him like hell over the last weeks ever since he found out about his reciprocated feelings, but Marcel was still mad at Niall.

If even kissing me was such a fucking mistake and you want me to stay away, why are you so keen on talking to me again? To mess with my head again?

Marcel's phone once again vibrated. He unwrapped himself from the sheets, and reading the sender's name, switched his phone off, tossing it on the couch, burying himself deeper into Louis' grandma's fluffy duvet.

Marcel's phone was flooded with Niall's texts and missed calls, which ranged from I'm sorry to fucking talk to me so I can explain!

But Marcel couldn't bring himself to talk to Niall. He had hurt him too much. He rejected him. No, even worse than that. Niall had told Marcel that he feels the same way for him, and then told him that kissing him was a mistake and to go away, presumably trying to make him hurt less. Huh.

But the idiot doesn't realize he's hurting Marcel more by pushing him away. And saying kissing someone was a mistake... you can't take it back that easily.

And Marcel knew he's at fault here as well. He didn't fight for Niall. Niall was just too confused and overwhelmed that day, that led him to say everything he had said. But still. Niall said them, Niall told Marcel that kissing him was a mistake. But he also told him that Marcel is perfect. Ugh!

Niall is exactly what Marcel needs. The only one besides Louis who gets him so well. But Niall is too insecure to see that. And Marcel is too stubborn to admit that.

Niall had needed time. Lots of it. Niall had said that he wanted Marcel away from him, and that is what Marcel had done.

Now Niall was trying to talk to Marcel in any way possible.

But Marcel is still hurting from Niall's rejection, and he won't recover that easily. And being near Niall was going to make it a whole lot worse.

~*~

"Hey Marce. I'm going out for some pizza. Wanna come?" Louis asked hopefully as he walked in the living room, finding his heartbroken best friend still cocooned in the duvet.

"Just bring me some later," Marcel answered dully and Louis sighed, shaking his head. He padded over to the couch and resolutely sat beside Marcel.

"Look Marcel," he began sternly and Marcel looked up in shock, hearing his best friend being so serious.

"This isn't right. You can't beat yourself up over this. Let's admit it. The guy deserves way more than the punch I planted on him-"

Marcel grimaced, remembering what took place the day after the date. Marcel had come home to Louis that day, shivering and dripping wet from the rain and crying. After an hour of calming down, Marcel had been able to coherently tell Louis what Niall had said.

One one hand, Louis was ecstatic that Niall had finally gotten the courage and confessed his feelings for his best friend, but on the other hand, he wanted to bash the punk idiot's nose in for hurting Louis' best friend with his stupidity and his words. And that's what Louis did the first thing he had seen him.

Niall had approached Marcel the day he had showed up at college, but Louis' protective best friend instinct had kicked in, and he had managed to punch Niall square in the nose.

Everyone had thought Louis was going to die, but Niall had just muttered a "I deserved that," and dejectedly walked away, looking back over his shoulder as Marcel had avoided his gaze.

"But-" Louis continued. "He also feels like shit. I can tell. He's by your house almost everyday, he tries to ask me when you'll show up at college and just- please. Talk to him Marce. Give him a chance to explain. I think he's learned his lesson now."

When Louis finished, Marcel was staring at him in disbelief. "I can't believe you're taking that asshole's side Lou!"

Louis raised a finger in the air. "Uh-uh! Don't forget I was also the one who gave him a bloody nose. And I am not taking his side. He is still an asshole for saying that all of that was a mistake and pushing you away. But I guess he learned his lesson now," Louis shrugged.

Marcel opened his mouth, but Louis cut him off. "Think about it. He is an asshole, but a confused asshole. You guys need to talk it out. Niall wants to talk it out. You can't be stubborn headed forever, Marcel." Louis said seriously. "It's hurting you. It's hurting him."

Marcel sighed, realizing Louis was right. What's the use in staying mad at Niall, when it's hurting him even more that the pain Niall's words had caused him? And Niall at least deserves a chance to explain.

"Fine," Marcel said.

"Good," Louis smiled in relief. He wanted to see both his friends happy again.

Marcel smiled back, then panicked. "But I can't just walk up to him after ignoring him for two weeks! What do I do?"

Louis grasped Marcel's shoulders. "Calm down! The first thing you need to do is get your ass out of my house. And then appear at college. And the rest? Just leave it all to me."

"I don't have any classes tomorrow."

"You know what I mean," Louis waved a hand, standing up.

"Do I have to leave right now?" Marcel pouted adorably, snuggling deeper into the couch.

Louis rolled his eyes and planted his hands on his hips. "You practically live here mate. You can stay the night but leave first thing in the morning," Louis said meaningfully.

"Thanks Lou, for the pizza you're gonna bring me. And for everything else," Marcel mumbled with a lazy smile, drifting off to sleep, finally finding a little peace of mind.

"You're welcome," Louis said softly, as he finally made his way out of his apartment and onto the Manhattan streets, walking the short distance to the local Pizza Hut since he wanted a little bit of fresh air.

___________________________________________________________

Yay Marcel gave in! He's going to give Niall a chance to explain! <3

But what do you think Louis means by "leave it all to me"? ;)

Next chapter is the last chapter before the epilogue. This book truly has been a wonderful journey and so much fun to write. <3

200+ votes for the next chapter? :3

~zarrycupcakeeee