12.

NIALL.

The tattooed boy absent-mindedly tapped his pencil on his thigh, his eyes skimming over his Physics notes.

He tried to understand the workings of the system explained, embedding the words in his mind for tomorrow's warm up exam.

After a while, Niall rubbed his eyes, and closed his textbooks shut. As he lifted his books off the bed to replace them in his bag, he noticed the social project paper underneath it, crinkled.

Supressing a sigh, he lifted it up and smoothed it out. He hadn't written much about Marcel, and they had only two days to submit this in. In other words, he was slightly screwed.

Niall still thought this project was childish an unnecessary, but Ms. Asher is a fucking scary woman and he wanted a good grade. So from then until now, he was tolerating it.

But he has to admit. This project had become a lot more fun recently. Don't ask why.

The blonde boy picked his pencil up and wrote likes romantic stuff and indie music under the previous information about his project partner, the things he had concluded from their conversation yesterday.

Today was a Saturday, and thankfully Niall had no classes. They had to submit the social project on Monday.

Niall's thoughts once again drifted to Marcel, the unique and admittedly amusing nerd. He was still a bit shocked by the fact how he told Marcel stuff about himself that he rarely shares with anyone.

Then again, Niall has never done a social project with anyone before.

But, he never told anyone about his family. And scarily enough, Niall wanted to share that with Marcel. And more. He just wanted someone to listen, and Marcel seemed like a good listener.

But Niall still doesn't trust him much. He had trust issues if you hadn't gathered.

But still, Niall is never a sharing guy, and he was still suprised with his own behaviour but happy nonetheless. He had made an effort to be less hostile and it actually worked. Especially since Marcel was already immune to Niall's hostility. And Niall actually wants to be nice to him, as strange as it sounds.

He actually liked having a friend, and yes. He considers the spectacled boy his somewhat friend now, because you just don't share this much about yourself and have this much in common with an acquaintance.

And as cheesy as it sounds, Niall is actually glad about having a friend for once. Maybe this social project will be good for something afterall.

____________________

Sorry it's so short! But this tiny one was necessary for the next chappie which is a Marcel and Louis one! :)

As soon as this chapter gets 90 votes I'll do a double update! ^_^