06.

NIALL.

Niall walked through the college gates, wearily rubbing his eyes. He couldn't get a second of shut eye last night, thanks to his apartment mate, who had brought a slut home and... yeah.

The Irish boy grimaced at the memory, shuddering. He ran a hand through his blonde locks, and surveyed the college grounds. Students were bustling here and there, some seated on the steps of the building and listening to music, snogging, studying, you name it.

Niall subtly rolled his eyes at the thought of making new friends here. How about no?

"Niall!" A nasal voice called his name, and the Irish boy snapped his gaze towards the owner of the voice, the nerd, who was standing a few feet away. Some people were now looking at the two boy's interaction with interest, hoping for another brawl to ensue.

"'Sup," Niall nodded, looking away, bored.

"Uh, hey," Marcel jogged closer to Niall, hiking his satchel up his shoulder. Niall noticed how the preppy feather haired bloke wasn't with the nerd today, but of course he didn't give a fuck so why would he ask.

"Do ya want somethin'?" Niall drawled, wanting to get away from social interaction as soon as possible.

"Yeah," Marcel spoke firmly. "Look. It's been a whole week since we agreed that we'll try to work on the social project. And you now know that Ms. Asher cut down the time to two weeks instead of three-"

"What the hell? When did she say that?!"

Marcel rolled his eyes. "In class yesterday. I thought you cared about your studies and paid attention in class?" Marcel jibed, and Niall shot him a glare.

"Watch it, nerd."

Marcel shrugged, unfazed by the death glare he was receiving. "So. What about the project?"

Niall sighed, defeated. "What the fuck do we even have to do?"

Marcel grinned sheepishly, and shrugged. "I have no idea."

Niall smiled, shaking his head. When he saw Marcel's shocked expression, he rearranged his face into a scowl.

"We have to write 10 points about each other? So what do we write?" Niall questioned, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Um, how about we just exchange basic stuff about each other, get to know the other?" Marcel asked hopefully.

Niall snorted. "No, thanks. I have no interest-"

"For the sake of this project, alright? I'm not too fond either in being buddy buddies with you," Marcel scoffed, leaving Niall shocked. The blonde blinked for a moment, then composed himself.

"Fine then," he pulled out his Samsung Galaxy and checked the time. "We have ten minutes 'til class, so let's hear some shit about ya," Niall grinned mockingly, pretending to be interested.

Marcel shot him an unimpressed look, but continued nonetheless. "Well, um. My name's Marcel James Styles, I'm-"

"Your middle name's James?" Niall asked with a raised brow.

"Uh, yeah? Why? Is that an abnormal middle name?" Marcel huffed.

Niall chuckled, shaking his head. The nerd gets riled up more easily than himself, and that's saying something.

"No, no. It's mine too. Niall James Horan."

Marcel's eyes widened. "O-oh. Um, cool."

Niall nodded, then made a gesture for Marcel to continue.

Marcel re-adjusted his glasses. "Well, let's see. My birthday's on February first. Er, I really like math. I'm left handed, I have-"

"You're left handed?" Niall asked, unable to keep quiet.

"Yes, now will you stop cutting me off?!"

The Irish boy laughed, ruffling his hair. "Sorry, it's just that I'm a lefty too."

Marcel locked at him with an amused smile. "Well, looks like we have more in common than we thought."

Niall couldn't help but agree. This was kinda freaky.

The bell rung, and both boys continued towards their class, wordlessly agreeing to continue their information-exchanging in the free period.

~*~

Wow, two similarities already! ^_^

SURPRISE UPDATE :D Hope you liked! Loving the feedback on this book, and I hope this is helping you understand AAMH more.

~zarrycupcake<3