07.

MARCEL.

Marcel eyed the blonde sitting across from him at the library, immersed in the book he was reading. He found the sight unusual, as a punk boy didn't look too fitting in a library. Nonetheless, this was intriguing for Marcel. And he had no idea why.

Both boys had their free period right now, and as they both had an upcoming test, reluctantly decided to study together for the sake of making progress on their project.

Marcel had already jotted down the two things he had discovered about Niall on a sheet of paper under the heading of Social Project Attempt. Two things that they both weirdly had in common. Marcel wondered what else they both had in common. Similar tastes in music, perhaps?

"I think I should probably charge you for staring, I'll earn a few bucks then," Niall remarked cheesily, making Marcel snap out of his thoughts. He blushed, when he realized he had been absentmindedly staring at the blonde boy.

"Whatever," Marcel huffed, then tapped his pencil on the paper on which two characters about his project partner were currently written. "I think we should work on this a bit more."

Niall looked up from his book and in front of Marcel, and rolled his eyes. He didn't speak, just set the book aside. "Why do you act so bitchy?" he asked bluntly.

"What?" Marcel blinked.

Niall didn't repeat his question, just smirked at Marcel expectantly.

"Well... why do you act like an ass?" Marcel shot back.

"I won't answer until you do," Niall shrugged.

"Why are you so stubborn?" Marcel ventured.

"Quiet!" the pruny old librarian barked at the two boys, who scowled and lowered their volumes. Niall glared at the spectacled boy from across the table.

"Okay, let's try again. Why do you act so bitchy?" Niall repeated his question.

Marcel adjusted his glasses. "'Cos then people actually respect me, and don't trample over me, thinking I'm some defenseless, scared shit. My wit is my weapon," Marcel answered seriously, his gaze focused on the pencil he was twirling in his hands.

When Niall didn't respond, Marcel looked up to see the inked boy wearing a thoughtful expression. Niall's ocean blue eyes met Marcel's dark green ones.

"Yeah, I can get where you're coming from," he murmured, leaning forward. "And to answer your question, I act like an ass, 'cos then people stay away from me and don't meddle in my business. I'm not actually fond of socializing if you hadn't gathered that already," Niall snorted, making Marcel laugh lightly.

"But, you are kinda socializing with me?" Marcel teased.

"Don't look too much into it nerd. It's just for the sake of this damn project," Niall spat, back to his usual asshole attitude.

"Alright, alright," Marcel backtracked. "Let's move on," he spoke, hurriedly scibbling the information he just learnt about his partner on the same sheet of paper. Marcel looked up at Niall when he was done.

"Aren't you going to, I dunno, write what just found out about me?"

Niall pushed back his chair, piled up his books and stood up. Shooting Marcel a lop-sided smirk, he answered, "Nah. I think it'll be difficult to forget anything about you, Marcy," leaving Marcel with a faint blush spreading on his cheeks.

~*~

Waaa wasn't the ending cute? Niall's a bit bipolar dontcha think? Kinda like Zayn Parker xD they were besties afterall *wink wink*

Thank you for the 800+ votes! Wow, I'm just fucking speechless tbh. I never expected this book to get such amazing response, this was just a side project. But now, I'm going to make the chapters, and the book more longer and detailed for you readers. <3

Keep warm and drink hot coco! it's cold ^_^

~Ramna xx