11.

MARCEL.

Marcel was actually relieved to see the blonde back at college, and as much as he wanted to deny it, he had actually missed the punk boy, even if it had been a few days.

Niall had weirdly already become a part of Marcel's life even if they didn't interact that much. And speaking of interaction, they only had three more days left to turn their social project in.

After class, Marcel caught up to Niall who was walking with his hoodie covering half of his face, head down, which was a bit unusual for him, because Niall always carried himself with a proud, nonchalant air.

"Hey," Marcel greeted him again, and the blonde slowed his brisk pace.

"Hey," Niall mumbled, looking sideways at Marcel as he fell in step with him. Marcel immediately caught that something was off.

Marcel thought it wise not to ask about how Niall was feeling and where he had gone to. He had a feeling getting the punk boy to open up won't be so easy.

"So. Um, you wanna continue on the project? We only have three days to turn it in," Marcel said awkwardly, adjusting his pressed collar.

Niall looked up with a raised eyebrow and shrugged.

"Whatever."

He started towards the library but Marcel spoke up.

"Er, why don't we sit outside today? It's such a nice day out," he suggested, pointedly gazing out at the glass window adjacent to the hallway.

He saw Niall hesitating.

"Look, I get you don't want to be seen much with me," Marcel rolled his eyes. "But it's just for the project. Just three more days and I'll be outta your hair."

Niall snorted but didn't bother to say anything. They both made their way outside in the garden located inside the campus. Niall leaned his back against the trunk of a tree while Marcel sat cross legged beside him.

Pulling out the assignment paper, his binder and a pencil, he asked, "Okay. Um. So favorite music?"

Niall replied seconds later. "Let's see. Bastille, Adam Lambert, Justin Bieber, Kesha, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars. A bit of everything," he shrugged.

Marcel whistled. "Wow. I'm more of a indie guy, mostly 'cos of my brother. I love Bastille too," he smiled and Niall surprisingly smiled back.

"Gotcha. Your brother?"

"Yeah. I have a twin brother named Harry. Pain in the ass more like," Marcel scrunched his nose.

"You don't like him much?" Niall asked in amusement, and Marcel once again noted with slight glee how the punk boy was slowly feeling comfortable around him.

"He's an ass. Only cares about his looks. Always looks for the funny side of things and doesn't care if he puts himself in danger for it! And he used to mess up my science projects!" Marcel ranted, which Niall listened with amusement as the spectacled boy saw his lips curve into a smile.

"I think him and I would get along," Niall remarked.

Marcel rolled his eyes. "Hardly. He hangs out with stuck up bastards like himself. And you're so.. um," Marcel hesitated.

"Go on," Niall raised a pierced eyebrow.

"Okay don't get mad but you seem like a very caring guy to me. You don't care much about your looks but you want to look rebellious so that people don't bother you. And you're sure as hell not stuck up," Marcel blurted. "That's just my guess. Sorry if I said anything wrong," he added guiltily, and cautiously looked back up from the grass to Niall, who was staring at him in awe.

"What's the point in denying it. You're spot on, nerd," Niall chuckled with a shrug, and Marcel straightened.

"Wow. Okay," the brunette grinned slowly, writing down in his binder with slightly widened eyes.

"And do you have any siblings?" Marcel asked, biting his lip as this was a personal question.

He noted the soft, loving smile that graced Niall's lips as he thought about his family. Yep. His previous guess was right. Niall contradicted everything about his stereotype. And this is the biggest reason why he fascinates Marcel so much.

"Yeah, I have a little sister. Nora. She's a little rascal but I love her. She's eight."

"That's sweet," Marcel smiled. "I really wish I had a little brother or sister and not any annoying twin brother who'd always compete with me," he scowled.

"The world is not a wish granting factory, nerd," Niall shrugged, smiling subtly.

"Did you just quote The Fault in Our Stars? That's my favorite book!" Marcel grinned.

Niall raised an eybrow. "You're serious?"

"Yes!"

"Mine too I guess," he laughed, and Marcel blinked in shock. One, because wow he had a gorgeous laugh and two, they really had a lot in common even if they appeared polar opposites. Their mutual interests show that.

"Okay then. Next question. What would you do if someone lied to you?"

Niall shrugged. "Easy. Ask them if they thought I was an idiot and then punch them."

Marcel burst out laughing. "Sounds fair. I'd do the same thing... excluding the punching bit 'cos I'm... yeah," he giggled, flexing his non-existent muscles.

Niall tsked, eyeing his own biceps. "You need to hit the gym my friend."

Marcel didn't want to admit it, but his heart warmed when Niall said friend. He guessed Niall finally considered Marcel a friend now.

"I take that's pretty much for one day," Niall said, standing up.

"Yeah," Marcel smiled, copying his actions, and Niall smiled back. He still didn't want to ask the blonde about the reason behind his absence because he didn't want to ruin their good streak.

He was happy with the progress they made. Marcel could actually see Niall as a friend now, as crazy as it sounds.

Maybe this social project will be good for something after all.