14.

NIALL.

It was Sunday night, and Niall was bored out of his mind. He was sleepy but not that sleepy, he was already done with all of his homework and he wasn't in the mood to listen to music.

Niall sighed and threw his phone back on the bed, as he got his books from his bag and decided to revise for tomorrow's test. Call him a nerd but who cares.

The blonde opened his textbook and saw the paper titled 'Shitty Social Project' and chuckled to himself. He had forgotten all about it.

Suddenly getting an idea, Niall grabbed his phone and shot Marcel a text, smirking to himself.

Niall: Guess who, nerd.

His phone dinged seconds later.

Marcel: Guyliner boy?

Despite this being an insult, Niall found himself laughing.

Niall: Very original. I'm impressed.

Marcel: Thank you. Now do you need to ask anything or can I go back to sleep?

Niall: Aw baby I wanted to talk to you!

Flirting. Was Niall actually flirting? He shrugged, and decided to go with it. The nerd's getting riled up and this is too good of an oppurtunity to pass by.

Marcel: No you don't. And I'm not your baby.

Niall could actually picture him huffing while typing that reply. Snickering, Niall decided he should just ask something related to the project.

Niall: Sure you are. And I just wanted to ask when you moved to New York. Not trying to be stalkerish, just for the project. Dunno what else to add to make it 10 freaking points.

Marcel: Oh. Um. Well I moved here almost two months ago from the UK for attending Uni.

Niall scribbled this detail on the paper, somehow rounding up 10 points.

Niall: Not a very original question but meh, it'll do. Thanks nerd. Continue with your beauty sleep and we'll shock Ms. Asher's pants off tomorrow.

Marcel: Oh definitely! Can't wait for that haha! Good night mate, see you then.

Niall: Good night nerd.

After their conversation, Niall couldn't keep the smile off his lips. He had no idea why interacting with Marcel made him just a tad happier everytime.

It was maybe because Niall actually wanted to be nicer when Marcel was around, defy his stereotype like Marcel did. Well, at least that's what Niall thinks is the reason.

But he has to admit. After you get to know Marcel, it's almost impossible to be rude to him. Marcel was unknowingly breaking through Niall's walls.

Marcel was a good friend to have, amusing to tease, nothing else, Niall denied firmly as he slipped the finished paper along with his homework inside his backback. Collapsing back on his bed, he instantly drifted off to a dreamless sleep.