02.

NIALL.

Niall absolutely hated it here. Don't get him wrong. He loved to study, he just hated doing that with other people. He hated being around people. He hated people, period.

But his parents couldn't afford a private tutor, and also 'cos he had worked his butt off to get into the University of New York, he had no choice but to clench his teeth and bear the people. The fucking judgemental people.

Niall walked in through the Uni doors on the first day, and immediately, people started giving him those looks because of his choice of fashion. He pretended to not notice them, and with a nonchalant air, consulted his timetable. Mechanics was his first class.

Niall smiled faintly, fastening his pace. Everyone that saw Niall - including the principal when he had met him - judged Niall by his outer appearance. Taking in his tattoos, multiple piercings and dyed hair, they immediately think rude punk. And through his devil may care attitude, they assume he's just a no good troublemaker.

But oh, by the end of this semester, was Niall going to prove those shits wrong.

Glancing at the large overhead clock when he passed it, Niall increased his pace, looking for the hall number 62. When he finally located the room, he took a deep breath, and pushed open the door, stepping inside.

Immediately, all chatter died down, and all eyes were on Niall. Some awed, some curious, some judging. Giving them all a mental middle finger, Niall cast his blue eyes over the expanse of the crowded hall, trying to spot an empty seat.

Finally, he did, and scowled when he noticed he had to sit next to a nerd.

In the few seconds that Niall saw the boy with the glasses too big for his face and his nose in the textbook, he categorised him. He knew it was totally wrong of him to do so, but everyone labels him, so why can't he?

A nerd who cares about nothing but his grades, makes no sounds except meek squeaks, doesn't have a backbone and doesn't have a social life.

Niall boredly sauntered over to the seat, then screeched it away from the spectacled boy out of habit, and plopped down on it, stretching. Like mentioned before, he hates being near people.

Niall then heard an indignant snort from his left, and snapped his head in the direction of the nerdy brunette buried in his book.

He was judging Niall again, wasn't he? And Niall could see, that it will be easy as pie making this little loser squeak in fear.

"You got a problem, four eyes?" he growled, using his most threatening voice, expecting the nerd to cower and avert his gaze back to his textbook.

But instead, he looked Niall dead in the eye, gave him a lopsided cheeky smirk and shot back, "Not at all, eye-liner boy," leaving him shocked.

~*~

Well you judged him wrong, didn't ya Nialler? You're not the only one who's different outside and the inside. ;)

~bemycupcake xx