04.

NIALL.

Niall blinked once, twice, as the teacher's words finally registered in his brain.

"No way in fucking hell!"

"Language, Mr. Horan! And the partners are final. You do not have a say in this unless you want to fail this class. Did I make myself clear?" Ms. Asher finished, locking her grey eyes with Niall's, who reluctantly nodded with a scowl.

Niall peeked a glance at Marcel the nerd, who instead of looking livid like Niall, actually looked like he might cry. Niall smirked to himself. Looks like he's finally scared of him, the way it should be.

"Alright class. Now this social project will account for 40% of your score in this class. So you have to ace this if you're not planning on failing Stats," Ms. Asher chuckled.

Niall scowled. He was planning on bailing this shit. But he can't risk failing this damn class. He has a point to prove.

"Now. What you all will have to do is quite simple actually. You will have to spend as much time as you can with your partner, about who --at the moment-- you don't know a single thing about. And by the end of this month, I would like a 10 point essay on my desk. In which you will write in detail about the 10 quirks you learned about your partner in that time. Now. Any questions?" Ms. Asher looked around the silent class with a supressed grin.

No way in hell! Niall seethed. That cocky, judgemental nerd was already getting on his nerves. How the fuck would he be able to spend a whole month with him? And then come up with 10 points about him? Oh, he's failing this one, that's for sure. Damn you, Miss Leslie Asher.

"Good!" Ms. Asher trilled. "Start working on your assignments from today. Now open your textbooks to page..."

~*~

As soon as class ended, Niall searched for the boy with the oversized glasses so he could set his mind straight, but a strong grip on his arm surprised him, yanking him in between the crevices of two lockers, hidden from everyone's view.

Niall looked up, and met the same blazing green eyes hidden behind the glasses. Niall snatched his arm free and opened his mouth to speak but Marcel cut him off.

"Look. I know this assigment means shit to you and you won't care if you fail. But unlike you, I have a grade average to maintain. So please can you co-operate with me here?"

Niall clenched his jaw. The fucker is judging again isn't he? "What makes you think I don't care about my grades?" Niall spat.

Marcel blinked, shocked by the question. "Um, I-I just... you-"

"Exactly. You don't know anything about me, so don't fucking assume," Niall growled.

Marcel sighed. "All right. Sorry. But, um. So you care about your grade. I care about my grade. You don't know anything about me, and I don't know anything about you. Don't you think this project will actually benefit us?" Marcel queried, crossing his arms.

Niall blinked, processing Marcel's words. He hated to admit that the nerd was actually right.

"Yeah I guess. I don't want to fail so I guess I'll endure you. Though I have close to fucking none interest in getting to know you," Niall shrugged nonchalantly, tracing the clover tattoo on his wrist.

"Same, blondie. See you at lunch then." And slinging his satchel over his shoulder, Marcel mixed into the crowd.

Niall furrowed his brows, thinking. Sure, maybe this won't be too bad. He doesn't want to fail a single class 'cos he doesn't want to be labelled as the typical failing bad boy.

And yeah. The nerd is annoying. But maybe, just maybe Niall can manage to ignore him.

~*~

Unedited! This is the only book I can update cos of short chappies and... ya know... can't write much bc exams.

Thank you for the 350+ votes already. Pretty please give me  feedback? Like comment more? That'll be amazing. ^_^

Thanks for reading! :)

~bemycupcake xx