Five

Daisy

"Have you ever noticed how wontons taste different everywhere we go?" Coulson's mouth was full of the little dumplings "As your great all-powerful leader I can't let you eat Chinese takeout every meal of every day"

"Mm, yes, of course, I- wait" Daisy looked back at Coulson who was still eating "great all-powerful leader..?" Coulson shrugged. Daisy looked back at her chicken manchow soup, they had been scouring leads all day (well it being only 3 pm) but no one had actually seen the guy. The witnesses they tracked down had only seen a shadowy figure that 'saved them'. Daisy thought it was cliche.

"What do we do now. It's not like he'll just happen to show up and be happy for us to arrest him" She looked around, it was still bright and sunny outside which was probably why the park bench they were sitting at was getting so hot.

"This guy's a hero right?"

"Uh, yes you're the one who told me that"

"So that means he'll show up to stop a crime"

"That's, again, obviously a yes"

"Great so all we need to do now is to find a crime that's happening and boom, done"

Coulson's logic wasn't flawed but she wasn't sure how to just find criminals in action, especially in a city with a crime rate of, well, more than usual. 

"Ok? So what's your plan for finding a crime in action?" Coulson stayed silent looking ahead of them into a convenience store. Daisy looked to see what he was staring at. The T.V there was showing the most current news, a bombing at a courtroom.

"I know it's broad daylight but that's your best shot"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They walked hastily to the crime scene, them being 'reporters', they had no cool tech, no car, and Mack didn't let her take his motorcycle. Of coarse Coulson still had his hand but it didn't have the laser fingers so what was the point.

"Well this is fun," Daisy said shoving her hands into her coat pockets.

"Eh, I've been better" Coulson turned a sharp corner onto another random street, it looked like they were going nowhere. Daisy decided she didn't want to push it considering he was the one calling the shots, so instead she went back to her main question.

"Have you been here before or are you just naturally good at finding places?" He thought about it.

"It comes naturally, or I just happen to have a map on my phone" Of course. "What about you? Ever been here?" Daisy could tell they were getting close, they were walking faster and the noise seemed to be getting louder, therefore allowing her to skip to the point and cut this conversation short.

"Not specifically, but I think I've heard of this place before, the name seems familiar. But it may have just been all those articles May made me read" St.Agnes Orphanage, Daisy scrunched her face, what made her think of that place?

"It's nice that you can remember at least one word from those documents" He quickly turned the next corner to reveal a large concrete building with dirty stone pillars going down the sides.

"We're here." There was a large swarm of police, hospital staff, and media waiting outside the door, Daisy doubted that they would be able to get through with all their limbs still attached.

"Ok now would be a good time for some cool gadgets" the police were trying to push back the press while (what looked like) a group of paramedics were carrying people on cots into an ambulance. It looked like people were trying to put out a fire inside, there being smoke and rubble.

"Hey, I don't think our guy is going to show up!" Even though Coulson and she were near the back of the crowd the noise was still pretty loud. Daisy tried not to scream over the chaos, but it was hard.

"If I were trying to avoid publicity I think I wouldn't come either!"

"What are we supposed to do now, should we just leave?" Coulson wrinkled his forehead, it wasn't like him to leave with others in need meaning that Daisy knew his answer before he said it.

"How can we help?"