Twenty-One

Matthew

So the clothes they left for him were a retro SHIELD logo shirt with sweatpants. How did he know it was a SHIELD logo? Well It was incredibly scratchy, and he was almost sure the logo would be permanently imprinted on his chest as a rash. But to be honest, it beat the alternative (his suit was not a very good option at that moment, purely for hygienic purposes). As he stood in the small area, he held his mask in his hands. They already knew who he was, it would make no difference to meet his captors without it, but there was a hesitation. There was something comforting about the way he entered a situation not as Matt Murdock, but as Daredevil, man without fear. He puts the mask down gently on the smooth countertop. It would make no difference in this situation.

Though he tried to change quickly, he made sure to take full account of his surroundings. The bathroom was clean with lavender hand soap and the permeating smell of a new car. So definitely a work environment. There was also a vent in the upper-hand right corner of the wall across from the mirror. As he noticed this a thought of escape entered his mind. Should he try to leave? From the size of the bathroom, the building he was in was small, actually now that he thought about it the bathroom was almost like what he heard an airplane bathroom was like. An airplane bathroom. With this thought, another new aspect of his situation came into focus, the melodic humming of the ground and walls. It was so quiet, consistent, and smooth that he barely noticed. But now that the sedatives fully wore off he could pick out the soft rhythm that resonated all around him. Was he in an airplane? It couldn't be, it felt as though they had just been fighting on solid ground.

It's not that this made him feel claustrophobic, but he felt most utterly and definitely, trapped. Escape now sounded great, but vents on an enclosed machine would lead nowhere, especially in flight. So all he could do was fight, or he could sit tight and wait for another opportunity to escape. He leaned more towards fighting. But what's to say they wouldn't shoot him with another sedative? It seemed he would have to find a different way out of this situation, starting with leaving the bathroom and wandering around this new environment for as long as possible before being caught. With that new plan in mind, Matt slid the latch of the door open and squeezed his way back into the long narrow corridor outside of the bathroom. The setting materialized before him, long twisting hallways leading to a large gathering area, but that was about as far as he got. At the moment, there wasn't anyone around. He listened for security cameras (as he assumed there would be many) but he heard nothing that sounded like spinning metal spy devices. He continued, taking care not to make any clicking sounds with his boots against the plastic tiles on the floor below him. As far as he could tell, the walls were bare aside from doors and windows, both leading into rooms, he assumed. The map he was creating in his head looked like half a square with other squares coming out of it. It definitely matched with the plane hypothesis, maybe he was starting to feel claustrophobic.

Then suddenly noises, feet, pens, writing, that strange heartbeat- Shoot, it's Coulson. What could he do? Nothing. He stood still, hopefully looking like he was lost and not scoping out his enclosure. 

Coulson rounded the corner and faced Matt head-on.

"Nice shirt" He looks at Matt's face, Matt hoped it was passive and indistinguishable. One would think his years arguing in court would prepare him for social confrontations like this. Coulsin says nothing about it other than a simple: "You can come with me."

As the agent started walking, clearly expecting Daredevil to follow, the urge to incapacitate this man and make a run for it was overwhelming. He could do it and it would be so easy, but the soft hum of the walls around him put him in a place of compliance. He crossed his arms and began to walk with him deciding that this was only a temporary situation, he would be back in New York as soon as possible and get the revenge he was prevented from achieving.

Daisy

"How much do you want to bet the prisoner is going to try to attack Coulson and escape through the bathroom vent"

"Shut up, Fitz"

Once Coulson decided on doing some sort of mind game with Daredevil/Matt by letting him wander around a little bit and giving him clothes from storage, Daisy figured she would hold off screaming till later. Everything felt just a little... crazy right now. Firstly, Matt being Daredevil, which, ok? I guess? But then teaming up with him? It felt like a large cosmic joke.

Then other questions popped into her mind as well, does Matthew know it's me? That wouldn't make any sense, we haven't had any meaningful contact. I'm being neurotic. That means she still had the upper hand in this confrontation they were about to have.

All of the Agents stood around the rectangular-shaped glass table, awaiting their convict and leader's arrival. Ever since Coulson told Daisy that the team and Daredevil were going to join forces the team remained quiet around her, most likely awaiting her reaction. The plan was as follows: Introduce the team and explain the mission. But that's all. She had no idea what the team was planning on doing with him after the mission, considering his place as outside the law.

Looking up from the glass console, she faced head-on the sliding doors. Footsteps echoed down the hallway, Daisy wondered about his super senses and how much he could hear even through these doors. Then they opened. Coulson walked in first, very clearly not attacked, followed by the tall, well-built, sort-of prisoner. He walked in wearing an old SHIELD t-shirt and sweatpants clearly taken from the evidence locker. He had light brown eyes that gazed down, not focusing, and dark messy hair that began to frizz. His warm brown eyes were sharp but distant, he clearly wasn't looking anywhere. Obviously . Daisy felt oddly detached from the situation, like she wasn't fully there emotionally considering how different he looked and acted from the kid she knew when she was younger. Phil, realizing the awkward silence wasn't to be broken, walked up to the table.

"Matt," he says gesturing to the man next to him; "Meet the team" he moves his hand to the group.

Matt turns away from the group, getting close to Coulson, and whispers something to him. Coulson says something back as Daisy exchanges looks with Fitz when he pauses from awkwardly gazing at his nails.

"Since you all clearly know who I am, let's cut the formalities. Why did you kidnap me and what is there to stop me from leaving right now." The room tenses with the possibility of confrontation in the air, but it's obvious that any fight would end up with Matt on the losing end.

Mac shifts forward, "Hey man, how about you think for a second about your situation. You aren't exactly in a position to dictate any ultimatums." He holds up his hands to show he's not armed, but when he notices that Matt doesn't look up he puts them back down. He clears his throat, "Uh yes and as I'm sure Coulson has mentioned, we're here to help you, not antagonize you."

Matt's brows furrowed, Daisy could see the wheels turning in his head.

"Actually, he didn't mention that part between the intimidation tactics" Matt says sarcastically.