One

Matthew 

It was late, the sound of neon was eerily high that night. It happened from time to time especially when everything else seemed quiet in comparison. Matthew Murdock sat at the kitchen table sorting out papers for a trial that was to commence the day after, yet he kept finding himself motionlessly listening to the high pitched tone of the neon billboard behind him. His thoughts wandered aimlessly, but they always returned to the gates of Saint Agnes's Orphanage. It had already been a few months since Stick showed up but he constantly replayed moments with him in his head. St. Agnes's was figuratively a dark place in his memories, but literally... When he was there in the orphanage, everything was so bright, so overwhelming. He could hear every step that echoed off of the wooden floorboards, each breath one took, the constant feeling of being bashed in the head over and over. Since then Stick came and somewhat taught him how to sort out the noise, of course, Matt was grateful for Stick helping him but in the end, it was all part of his plan for Matt to join his army or something. He was obviously better now, he was able to tune things out or listen in on others, but as of right now, he wasn't sure if he liked his life better then or now. He moved his fingers on top of his files once more, delicately brushing his fingers along the brail, the case file was mostly illustrating how a woman by the name of Melissa Person was at the area of a murder scene before and after the murder occurred, the usual stuff, per-say. The void of sound was quickly filled with the distant ringing of sirens echoing through the vacant night. The thought of leaving as daredevil crossed Matt's mind. He knew he shouldn't go out, he promised Foggy he'd at least try to get these papers sorted but the temptation of putting on the mask, going out into the night, feeling the cold air bite at his skin, that was hard to pass. He could just sort them tomorrow, hope that things would fix themselves, he needed something to do. He shoved his papers aside and spun off the chair, he could feel his senses elevating at this new spike of adrenaline, he knew he should stay here, let the police take care of it, but the thrill of running off into the night was refreshing, and as much as he hated thinking about it, beating criminals senseless... was satisfying.