Chapter 21

"Thanks for coming over," I graciously say to Callie.

"Your first date with Colton- I wouldn't miss it. Besides, I need to make sure you dress presentable and not like a total slob," she laughs. I shoot a playful glare at her. "I'm kidding! Besides, do you know where he's taking you?"

"No idea- he said to dress comfortable," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

"There goes my idea of a little black dress and red stilettos," Callie groans.

I roll my eyes at her. "Never in a million years would you catch me in stilettos- besides, I don't have any!"

"I do! But that won't work anyways," she chuckles, digging through my drawers.

"I want to wear a sweatshirt and jeans. That is comfortable to me," I groan, knowing she'll pick out something much dressier than what I'd like.

"No way! It's a date! You aren't just hanging out with a friend anymore, you are going and a date with potentially the love of your life!" she explains excitedly, jumping up and down while clutching a short green dress to her chest.

"Calm down Calypso- this is our first date. You're getting a little ahead of yourself," I chuckle. "And I am not wearing that."

I point at the green dress, unable to remember where I got it. She sighs and puts it back where she found it.

"Something simple- like- like this," I say, lifting a blue, white, and grey ruffled tank. "II could just wear it with jeans and flats."

She glances at the shirt, and pulls out a pair of jeans that would match.

"Try it on," she orders, her lips upturned in a smile.

I ask her to turn around, before I change out of my sweats and into the outfit.

"And I was thinking I could wear this necklace," I say, causing her to turn around. I pull a long, light blue and silver necklace out of my jewelry box and clip it on. "What do you think?"

She looks me up and down, before nodding in approval.

"Yes. That will work- although I still prefer the black dress and sti-"

"Enough with the stilettos!" I playfully snap, rolling my eyes dramatically.

"My white flats are downstairs- I'm gonna go grab them," I say after a beat of silence, turning to head out of the room.

I make my way through the hallway and down the stairs, running into Taylor when I pass the kitchen.

She looks me over and smiles.

"Going somewhere?" she asks.

"I have a date with Colton," I reply, my cheeks heating up. "Does this look okay?"

"You look beautiful," she quietly replies, brushing a bit of hair out of my eyes. I smile up at her.

"Thanks."

We stand in silence, in a comfortable sisterly moment.

There was a time, when I was younger, that I had no siblings. I was a lonely child. I was so lonely, I remember having an imaginary friend up until I was 10, something I'm sure is not normal.

When I found out I had a sister, I was happy, although the circumstances under which we met weren't the best. And from the moment I met her, she has been a perfect sister. I can't even express with words how grateful I am for her.

"I have to go finish getting ready," I mutter, taking off to find my shoes. They are sitting in the corner of the living room- how they got there, I'm not sure.