Chapter 3

"You're engaged?" Mrs. Stone squeals, nearly choking on her food.

Taylor nods enthusiastically, but doesn't have time to speak before she"s wrapped in bone crushing hugs by multiple different people.

"Soon I'll have grandchildren finally," Mrs. Stone giggles in delight, clapping her hands together.

Now it's Carter's turn to nearly choke on his food, shortly followed by Taylor's face turning pale.

"One step at a time," I mutter under my breath, a tad bit amused at their discomfort. I lean into Troy's side, and he casually drapes his arm around my shoulders.

"Um, let's just start with getting married first and see where that takes us," Taylor nervously chatters, looking like Mrs. Stone had suggested she sacrifice a cow in an ancient ritual or something outrages like that.

After a slightly awkward silence, Carter dramatically opens his menu.

"So the prime rib looks good," he states, still not fully recovered from his mothers apparently crazy statement.

But even though they obviously want to avoid the topic of children, it's what everyone is thinking about.

My parents, Carters parents, even Carter and Taylor themselves.

I can't really see them as parents- Taylor is so busy with her job all the time and Carter is just finishing up vet school. They just don't have the time for a baby.

And even if they did, I can't picture Carter changing a diaper, or Taylor picking up her kid from soccer practice- or in her case, riding lessons.

Maybe one day down the line, they might have kids. But that will be a long time from now.

"I think I'll get their quinoa burger," I state, setting the menu down, and hopefully ending the conversation on babies.

------------------------

After we got back to the house, Troy and I decided to go down to the barn for a while because we really don't feel like engaging in the conversations I know are going to occur- wedding planning and things like it.

"You're families really close," Troy half-states, half-questions.

"Well- yeah. We've all been through a lot together," I murmur, sitting on a bale of hay. Troy follows my lead and sits beside me.

"What exactly happened? I mean, all I know is what the media said."

"Well then I guess you know it all," I say, a little annoyed. I calm my voice and turn to him. "You don't know what it's like to have every single thing you do broadcasted to the world. I hated being kidnapped and stuff but- I hate being followed even more. I'm almost surprised you haven't been on the news yet."

Almost. But I'm not really the one the news follows. They want Taylor. Any tiny bit of information on Taylor and they go nuts.

"And now with the wedding- it's going to start all over again," I mutter, mostly to myself.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want," he sighs, pulling me into his side.

"Thanks," I sniffle.

"So how's Flame doing?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Great, as always," I chuckle.

"Are you going to show her?"

"No- I don't really care about ribbons or anything like that. Plus that's too much stress. I've seen Colton show before and he always gets so stressed and anxious and panicked and I don't need that."

Troy slightly stiffens at the mention of Colton. I've gotten accustomed to that, though. Troy doesn't really like Colton. I always tell time we're just friends, but he still doesn't trust him.

Boys.

Troy glances at his watch and jumps up.

"I have to get home," he mumbles.

"Okay Troy. See you later?"

"Yeah. Love you," he says.

I wrap my arms around his neck and lightly press my lips to his.

"Love you too," I chuckle when I pull away.

He smiles at me before taking off towards his car.

I watch his retreating figure and smile to myself.

A/N

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND FILLER CHAPTER!

I've been staying after school every day till 6 because I'm a stagehand in my schools play (Wizard of Oz.) Next week is the week f the show and I have to stay till 7 every night!!!! So if updated are slow that's why.

Love you guys