Chapter 7

Everyone stays where they are for a minute, stunned.

After coming to his senses, Colton dismounts from his horse, and grabs my arm, pulling me to my feet.

"You okay Ariel?" be asks, worried.

"Yeah I'm fine," I mumble, pushing him away and turning to Troy, who is still looking at me with a baffled expression. "Hey Tr-"

"You were riding on the same horse?"

"I fell down and hit my head. I could barely stand up, let alone ride. And Flame hurt her leg," I calmly explain, not really surprised by his question. "Speaking of which, Colton can you go wrap her leg?"

He looks between Troy and I, and nods.
After he's gone, I walk over to Troy, who promptly wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into his chest.

"Sorry for snapping at you- are you hurt badly," he asks, kissing the top of my head.

"I should be fine- but I can't go anywhere tonight. I'm gonna have to cancel on you," I sigh, looking up at him.

"That's okay- I actually came here to cancel. My Mom is dragging me to some business dinner or something. It's like 4 hours away," he responds.

I nod, and lean into his chest.

"Is there anything else?" I question, looking into his eyes.

"No- I actually have to go home soon. I just came by to tell you," he answers. "Love you"

"Love you too," I murmur, leaning up and wrapping my arms around his neck.

I press my forehead to his and smile. He lightly laughs, before putting his lips against mine and kissing me softly.

"I need to go check onFlame," I mutter once we pull away.

He nods, and kisses me one more time before running off to his truck to leave.

I watch as he disappears before heading into the barn, slightly limping.

When I get to Flame's stall, I see Colton wrapping her leg with a bright red bandage.

"Set everything straight with your boyfriend?" Colton questions, not taking his eyes off of my horse.

"Yeah," I breath, crouching down beside him. My head still rings when I move suddenly, and I fall backwards into the hay, lightly chuckling.

"You okay?" Colton asks, though he still doesn't look at me.

I wonder why. I sigh, and regain my balance, stroking Flame's forelock.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You should probably go inside and rest," he states, his voice clipped and sounding frustrated.

"What's wrong with you," I chuckle. He glances over at me, his features softening.

"Nothing you should worry about," he sighs as he ties off the bandage. "She should be okay but you might want to have a vet look at her- and like I said before, lay off the riding"

"And like I said before, I'll just ride Honey," I retort as he stands up. "Now take me into the house."

I smile playfully, outreaching my arms and willing him to help me up. He does, and I start to walk towards the house- a bit wobbly I might add.

"Here," he laughs, wrapping an arm around my waist for support.

"Thanks," I mumble.

A/N

Sorry for the short, fairly lame chapter.

I'll update when I can. Love you guys.

Till we meet again my lovelies.