TWENTY-SEVEN/27/VIENTESIETE- LET'S TALK LOVE

Phoenix
I woke up this morning and decided to change into some denim shorts, a light grey cropped top, and some white trainers. I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen, and turned the kettle on. I turned around and saw Niklaus stood there.

"I could sense you were awake" he said smiling.

"Is that one of your hybrid tricks that I'm still yet to learn?" I asked smiling back at him.

"More like I saw you coming out of your room" he said as he walked to me.

"Oh ok then. So do you want to talk? Or is just a daily thing to be a stalker?" I asked smiling.

"Well I was wondering if later on you'd like to go for a walk. If we are going to procreate then we might as well get to know each other" he said smiling.

"Hey I said that first and sure. But I am teaching your daughter how to handle her powers in a minute" I said smiling.

"Since when were you her tutor?" He asked as I passed him a mug of coffee.

"Since she saw me contact the ancestors the other day. She wants me to teach her my skills even though I'm a year older than her" I said as I walked away.

"So when are we meeting?" He asked stopping me.

"Meet me at the gates of the castle at three" I said smiling.

I kept walking as I smiled to myself. Niklaus is ready trying to make and effort. I walked upstairs to Hope's room where I saw her sat on her bed pushing her hands towards a candle.

"If you're trying to light the candle with your hands Hope it's not going to work" I said shutting the door.

"Its no use. I can't do it" she said putting her hands on her knees.

"Its basic magic Hope. Watch. Hold your hands out like this... And focus all of your power into the candle" I said showing her.

The candle lit and I blew it out. I placed it near her and she did the same thing. It flickered for a second before it exploded into flames. I closed my fist and it went out. She looked at me as I looked at her and her hands.

"What's happening to me?" She asked worrying.

"I'm sure it's nothing. We're gonna keep away from that for how. Let's try.... Moving my ring with my mind" I said removing the ring from my finger.

I heard whispering around me. The ring protects me from the dark powers but I can control it for a couple of seconds. I moved the ring into the air with my mind. I passed it to Hope who caught it. Use your focus on the ring and move your eyes. She did the same thing and it worked. She looked at me smiling. I brought it back to me and placed the ring on my finger as the whispers stopped.

---------- 4 hours later _-------------

I walked to the gates and saw Niklaus.

"Hi Niklaus" I said smiling.

"Are you ready to go Phoenix?" He asked holding out his arm.

"If I weren't ready to go Niklaus, then would I be here?" I asked linking my arm in his.

We walked out of the gate and then we got to an area which was secluded. I sat down at the little picnic he'd set out for us.

"So, tell me about your family" he said pouring me a glass of blood.

"Well what do you want to know?" I asked as I took a bite of one of the sandwiches.

"Tell me about your family. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?" He asked smiling.

"My family is very confusing like yours. My original parents were werewolves as I was cursed to be one when I was 12. I kept growing for four years until I got to 16 when I became a hybrid. My little brother and sister Charlie and Tati are both werewolves too. Out of spite, my twin sister Shea killed my adoptive parents. The ones who raised.me properly. In revenge, I killed her. Then my blood parents arrived when they sensed Colby's family near me. Colby's brother Gage killed me whilst Colby's blood was still in my system. So that's how I'm a hybrid. Still getting used to the fact that I can't die" I said looking at him.

"Who's been the person you can talk to then? Is it Brennen?" He asked as I took a sip of blood

"Brennen and Sam are the only people I can really talk to these days. Colby's so caught up with Blade and Cameron in the dungeon we haven't talked. I've tried to but it hasn't worked" I said looking at Klaus.

"If I were Colby, I would have already realised I was making a stupid mistake" he said smiling at me.

"I'm gonna go swim in that lake over there. You wanna join me?" I asked smiling.

"No I'm ok. But go ahead. Enjoy yourself" he said smiling.

I stood up and ran to the river. I got in and then my skin started burning. I screamed in pain as I looked at my arm which had peeling skin on it.

Klaus
I watched at Phoenix got in. I saw steam around her waist as she screamed. I ran and touched the water. I tasted it. Its was vervain. Luckily vervain ddint effect me because I have been a hybrid for over a year but because she's new, she can still be affected. I ran to the side and got it. I swam to her and grabbed her. I pulled her our and fed her my blood. She didn't wake up but she did swallow it. I ran us back to the castle where I laid her in bed.

Phoenix
I woke up back at the castle with a bad pain all across my body.

"Don't try to sit up. You've been badly effected" Sam said as he helped me back down.

"What happened?" I asked as I looked at him.

"The lake you went in was filled with Vervain. Klaus managed to get you out before it really did damage. You're healing quickly. Don't worry" he said smiling.

He looked away and I heard him sniff.

"Sam are you ok?" I asked sitting up.

"Phoenix, I have some bad news" he said looking at me.

"What's happened?" I asked holding his hand.

"Its Brennen. He's dead" he said.

My heart stopped as I burst into tears.

"How?" I asked as Sam hugged me.

"He was found with a stake through his heart. Written on the way in blood was 'we won't stop'" Sam said looking at me.

I stood up swiftly and ran outside. This was Jackson. And I knew it. No one would hurt Brennen. I was grabbed and pinned to the floor

"No let go of me!" I yelled as I cried.

Someone pulled me up and I saw Niklaus.

"Phoenix what's killing Jackson going to do. It won't being Brennen back" Klaus said holding my wrists.

"Why Brennen? He was the only person I could talk to!" I yelled as I cried.

"Phoenix calm yourself" I heard someone drunk say.

I turned around and saw a drink Colby stumbling towards us.

"Where were you?" I yelled as I hit him.

"I was getting drunk. Not wanting to remember today" he said pushing me

"You better keep your hands off her mate" Klaus said from behind.

"oh yeah. And what are you gonna do about it?" Colby asked looking at Klaus.

"Colby go to bed. You're drunk" I said as I walked back to the castle.

I went.to sleep that night. Knowing the only.people I could talk to.now we the people I'd met a few days ago.