NINETEEN/19/DIECINUEVE- OLD FRIEND

Phoenix
Today I was in town with Jake and we were collecting food and blood for the castle. Me and Jake decided to feed on some people behind a building when I felt a sharp pain go in my arm. I fell to the floor as I saw a familiar person. It can't be.

---------- 4 hours later ----------

I woke up and I was chained up. I rattled the chains and then felt liquid in my arm. It was painful.

"Don't try get out. They've put vervain in our systems" Jake said as I looked his way.

"Where are we?" I asked looking around.

"Some old warehouse I think. I can't really tell. They never knocked me out. Just you" he said as he rattled his own chains.

"Did you see who did this?" I asked as I threw my head back.

"He was tall, really muscular, raven haired, pale, didn't get the eye colour though" he said as I looked at him.

"I think I know who your talking about" I said as I sighed.

If it's who I think it is. We're screwed. The doors flung open at the back and I heard a chain swinging. I put my head down as a big hit of vervain was injected into my system. My head was pulled up and I was face to face with me ex best friend Blade. He was like a brother to me. Until he betrayed me.

"Well hello Phoenix" he said as he threw my head down.

"What are you doing here Blade?" I asked as he taunted Jake.

"I heard you were chosen. I thought I'd piss you off. So here I am" he said as he walked over to me.

"What are you really doing here?" I asked as I smirked at his stupidity.

"To get revenge for my father" he said as I smiled.

"Oh yeah I remember him. He was really hairy. Looked like Bigfoot on steroids" I said looking at Jake who was laughing.

"Don't play games Phoenix" he said as he grabbed my neck.

"Oh but it's so fun" I said as he pulled his hand away.

"I'm so done with you" he said reaching into my chest and pulling out my heart.

He dropped it and looked at me.

"Ow!" I said sarcastically.

"What? Why aren't you dead?" He asked as someone injected more vervain into my system.

"I'm a hybrid dumbass. I can't die" I said laughing.

"Maybe you can't. But he can" he said grabbing Jake and stabbing him with a stake.

I screamed as I watched Jake freeze. I wolfed up and ripped my restraints of me. I grabbed Blade and snapped his neck. Blade's one of my kind a werewolf but he's weaker than me. So he didn't fight back. He would survive. I know he would. I went back to human and I was naked. My chest bleeding. I picked up my heart of the floor and put it back in my chest.

"Mine" I said laughing.

I ran over to Jake and pulled the vervain out of my arm. I ran to the castle with Jake in my arms.

Colby
"Has anyone seen Phoenix or Jake?" I asked as I heard a whoosh.

I saw Phoenix and she laid Jake's body on the floor.

"No!" I shouted as I ran over to Jake's lifeless body.

Everyone gathered round

"I couldn't leave him. Not there. I just couldn't" Phoenix cried in pain.

Brennen grabbed her and calmed her down.

"It's ok Nix. Everything's gonna be ok" Brennen said.

"No it's not. My ex best friend Blade is back and he's a werewolf. He knows that I'm a hybrid. The snapped neck won't last. Blade is alive. And he's coming for me and you" she said looking at Brennen.

I looked at Brennen. He had genuine fear in his eyes.

"Barricade the castle. Brennen, Phoenix. The dungeons downstairs. Go. Sam take blood bags down there for them. Clarissa, put a fortress over the cage that Blade can't penetrate. Everyone arm themselves with wolfspane. He's coming" I said standing up.

I picked up Jake's body and put him in the castles tomb. If what Phoenix is saying true, we're in grave danger.

Thanks for reading this. This chapter wouldn't be a chapter without the help of SolbyLover04 Hailey helped me come up with Blade's character so go give her some love please. She deserves it.