4.3 [Xuanwu]

| Being Blind Is Just An Excuse |

After months of battling dangers one after another inside the Dark Forest that was as huge as a prosperous nation, Xuanwu grew stronger, along with Jae-Hwa and Chul-Soo

However, unbeknownst to the other two, Xuanwu learnt how to cultivate like he used to with a little twerk since he was now human. Still, with his experience and knowledge, he was able to smoothly ascend many layers. This made his senses even keener, while his strength many times extraordinary. Even his skin had become healthier, glowing with pristine luster.

Although they traveled together like a tight bunch, Xuanwu never tried to get close to any of the two. Likewise with Jae-Hwa, leaving Chul-Soo to be the only one hopeful.

From months to years, they remained inside the seemingly endless Dark Forest. And yet, it was here that Xuanwu felt where he belonged. With no humans chasing after him this time, he felt reassured and at ease.

Nevertheless, he needed to find any clues about the artifact that could take him out of the limbo. He might be selfish and heartless, but not to his kin. 

As he thought of his inadequate strength, he absent-mindedly clenched his fist. Jae-Hwa saw this, and the previous cases as well. The longer they remained in the Dark Forest, the stranger Xuanwu became, and the more ominous he felt for what was gonna happen. He suddenly felt a Deja Vu hit him, but shrugged it off as nonsense.

Not for long, they were finally able to get out of the Dark Forest, welcomed by the prosperous nation of the Yuan Dynasty led by a Mongolian regime. 

"This is where we part, bye." Xuanwu briefly bid his farewell, leaving just as fast.

"Wait, wait!" Chul-Soo chased, pulling Xuanwu's sleeve. "Where are you going? We'll accompany you until then, okay?" 

All this time, Chul-Soo always thought of taking care of Xuanwu who was blind and couldn't possibly take care of himself. However, it was all due to his prejudice, blinding him from critically thinking what he should have noticed. 

"Let him go now, Chul-Soo. He has a life he needs to live on his own, and so do we." Jae-Hwa coldly said, glancing at Xuanwu's irritated countenance. He noticed the blind man's irritation due to the slight frown on his brow, which always appeared when he didn't like what was going on. Unlike Chul-Soo, Jae-Hwa was reasonable and observant.

Xuanwu slapped away Chul-Soo's hand before turning to leave, never looking back.

Behind him, Chul-Soo looked like he was about to cry, for he really didn't want to be separated from the quiet Xuanwu. Despite the cold treatment he always received from the younger man, he didn't mind because that was what made him Xuanwu. Someone who was cold, indifferent, heartless and more human than the subjects who always gave him respect.

When he turned to face Jae-Hwa, he merely received an exasperated sigh. "It's time to go back, your Highness. You've been absent from Koryo Dynasty for too long. Three years of exploration should be enough."