4.8 [Xuanwu]

| Help From Lord Ming |

Koryo Dynasty was miles away from Long Dynasty, but Xuanwu still encountered the run away Emperor during his brief stay at the border

Koryo Dynasty was miles away from Long Dynasty, but Xuanwu still encountered the run away Emperor during his brief stay at the border. Although it had only been two days without rest for Chul-Soo, it actually felt like forever. And as luck would have it, Lord Ming was also in that same border after learning where Xuanwu was at now. He had already guessed that his slave was going after him from the updates he had been getting. After all, Xuanwu was no longer in disguise. He was now confident with his martial arts and cultivation. And he just kept breaking through layers all this while.

With a gourd artifact filled with Moonlight water by his hip, Xuanwu was suddenly hugged by a smelly Chul-Soo. Yet just after being hugged, Chul-Soo collapsed on the ground.

Xuanwu was actually in the middle of a lover's quarrel. He was mistaken as the lover of someone's wife for being polite by smiling at the lady tending a certain shop. Then all of the sudden, a slap came his way, though he evaded it easily. Still, he was insulted and shouted at in daylight and in the middle of the street. He was just about to leave when Chul-Soo appeared.

He let Chul-Soo kiss the ground while he pinched his chin in wonder. Should he be a Good Samaritan or ignore the feeble human? Although doing either could still cause him equal trouble.

If he ignored the dead, his name would be too stinky. He intended to usurp the world, but not through notoriety, nor did he intent for it to be novel. If anything, he would prefer it if he could rule in peace.

Though if he helped Chul-Soo out, he would be involving himself with troublesome things. Especially since he could still remember that Chul-Soo's status was not low nor a mere noble birth. He used to be a prince and now an Emperor. It truly would be trouble to do either!

Amidst his conflicting thoughts, the husband of the vendor continued to be a nag.

"This is what happens when you have the face... You'll seduce women left and right! Don't even think about it you playboy! My wife is as virtuous like a goddess. She would never fall for someone like you!" This jealous husband unfortunately was blinded by his emotions. His wife was not helping either for she was looking at Xuanwu lovestrucked.

Xuanwu turned to the husband for the first time, his blue eyes completely dull as if what he was seeing was just a pebble at the side road. He slowly lifted up Chul-Soo, easily carrying him over his shoulder despite his slender physique.

"What? You are just gonna go after seducing my wife?"

"I never seduced anybody." Xuanwu couldn't help but say, before turning around to leave.

"Lies! I clearly saw you making eyes to my wife!"

"Wouldn't you normally show politeness when you're interested on a vendor's wares? Anyways, I have no time to deal with you. Bye." Then he left, leaving behind the husband to turn to his wife only to catch her still longingly staring at Xuanwu's back.