2.4 [Tang Man]

| Searching For His Soulmate |

Tang Man decided to check if the corpses were still along the main road

"Why? Why do we have to come here, what if their sect members come back and collect the bodies??" Jin Guan asked after another, very anxious at heart. He chose to accompany Tang Man, leaving behind Zui Hou to take care of Qin Hui Yun. Despite having seen Tang Man's capability at fighting, she was only five years old. His conscience couldn't allow him to leave a young girl by herself. And he was very curious why someone born a noble like her could accept his feelings for another man when it was considered taboo in Qin Dynasty. 

Tang Man didn't readily answer Jin Guan but a smile spread across her face upon confirming that nobody had claimed the corpses just yet.

"Help me stow away the dead bodies, all of them." She said simply before rolling one lifeless body over the ground towards the forest.

Jin Guan could only sigh and drag a lifeless body himself, then he heard her explain.

"The bodies could destroy our alibi, causing our lives at risk instead. Although Jianghu has many sects with their own rules, there can be surprisingly compassionate people as well. Though I'm not sure if Phantom Blades Sect likes avenging their sect members, it's still preferable that they don't know we killed their people, lest they think we stole the artifact in the first place. Avoid trouble when we can and the rest falls into place."

She explained her reasons very well, showcasing her farsightedness. Jin Guan who had lived in poverty and had experienced the tragedies of living outside, consequently losing everything he loved and owned was feeling awed at a small girl, 9 years younger than himself. He deemed it unwise to pester Tang Man with further questions and dutifully followed her next commands. At this point, he had no more prejudiced concerning her decisions or actions. He trusted her completely for saving their lives and for being able to think ahead with more conviction.

Whatever he wanted to know about her can wait when she was ready to tell.

Over a couple of hours later, the pair of disheveled boy and girl were overlooking a mountain of corpses. They left the dead bodies for the wild animals to fest on instead of digging a hole, they just didn't have the proper tools and not enough time; Qin Hui Yun's fever could eventually fry his brain if left unattended.

Soon enough, they tended to themselves by a river at the deepest part of the forest where there was coincidentally a cave. It used to be a grizzly bear's abode but when faced with Tang Man's traps and deadly weapons (thanks to the loot), there was no chance for the poor wild mammal to live. Served with meat and soup that night, they all finally found little comfort.

Tang Man was told where they could most likely find Phantom Blades Sect's base and headed straight to there early  in the next morning. She left alone, leaving only a note behind. The rest could only resign themselves albeit a little unwilling.