3.2 [Tang Man]

| Leaving Together |

In the next short three months, Hengzuo changed inside out

In the next short three months, Hengzuo changed inside out. An academy was established for children, divided by status. It was too soon for the nobles to accept being put in the same place as the commoners because they've been divided for far too long. All Rui could do was provide a place where they could mingle and learn the same things.

Due to the massive book burning over a decade ago, Rui had to provide the necessary funds to hire more people who could write so the school could at least be provided with the books needed to finally spread the knowledge of the world. The less ignorant people there were, the more they would be able to protect themselves. This would make it possible for other families to spread far and wide outside of Qin Dynasty, and maybe start their own innovative society.

The streets were also cleaned of beggars, and were instead sent to work in other places where help was needed. Such as the school, the palace or if they chose to, they were sent to the garrison. Of course if their aptitude would fail them to do their job, they would then be sent back to the Human Resource Centre where they could be reassigned to another position.

Taxes were lowered to bare minimum so the livelihood of the commoners could be resumed to normalcy in 3 years' time. And with the help of Phantom Blades Sect, the main roads to Hengzuo were cleared off of bandits. For almost a year, this was a regular occurrence, scaring off those with evil intentions away.

Hengzuo became highly organized, and soon the method of governance spread to other provinces. In another four months, some of the adults were already informed of the change of government, which would require their perspective. Complaints were fine, but those that were not constructive enough would be discarded.

Eventually, it came to a point when Rui had to forcefully make the officials themselves think of a likely candidate. Though they could choose who to elect, it was the higher echelon in the government who had the final say after inspection. And these were exactly the Phantom Blades Sect and Xi Rui Jie.

Inside the previous Emperor's bed chamber, Tang Man and Rui were discussing whom to choose from the candidates for the presidential banner. People in Qin Dynasty were not that used to the changes, but with the Emperor's seal, they could only obey. If they could adapt to an Emperor's authority, surely they could also adapt to a new government. It could be liken to a new emperor, implementing new regulations.

Twirling a charcoal pencil in between his fingers, Rui thoughtfully muttered, "So we are agreed on General Ye's scholarly youngest son?"

"Ehn." Tang Man languidly replied. Much like before, she would provide her own input while Rui would critically analyze the rest of the details.

"For being born in a military household, he ranked 2nd in the examinations for officialdom. While he did not best Zhuang's eldest young master in academics, he is known to be thoughtful and courageous, though not too opinionated."