Return

Here's chapter I-Lost-Count! Enjoy!

~'0'~

After a moment, they let go, and look at each other for a moment. Both of them are looking more relaxed, like a weight has been lifted from their shoulders. And in a way, it has. Tenma smiles brightly at Taiyou and breaks eye contact, turning to face the others.

Raimon looks peaceful, as they have finally mended their bonds. When the brunet sees Hakuryuu and Shuu, the ones who have helped him when no one else did, and he shows them a genuine, grateful smile. Words are not needed, as the three of them exactly understand what the others mean. Instead, the other two just smile back.

Endou walks forward, a small smile playing on his lips. ''It's good to finally have you back,'' he says to Tenma. ''You have no idea how worried we were.''

''You don't have to worry,'' says Tenma with a bright smile on his face. ''After all, everything will work out somehow!''

The coach chuckles, and nods. ''If you say so,'' he mutters good-naturally, and then smiles widely at everyone present.

''Let's go home.''

~'0'~  

Shuu and Hakuryuu walk towards Tenma after Endou announced that they would be leaving in a few minutes. ''Matsukaze, are you okay?'' asks Hakuryuu softly when the two reach Tenma.

Tenma sighs and gets a faraway look in his one visible eye. Shuu places a hand on his shoulder and gazes at the brunet worriedly. ''Tenma, what's wrong?''

''The-'' Tenma cuts himself off, lowering his voice. ''The experiment is complete.'' The eyes of his two friends widen in shock. ''The reason why I had to go to the hospital was because the experiment was reaching the last phase, at least, that's what Haru just told me.''

''What changed?'' asks Shuu in an equally soft voice, glancing around to make sure no one is in hearing range. ''What happened to you two?''

''I'm not sure yet,'' admits Tenma. ''We haven't had the time to find out more about our bond yet. Though we have a constant telepathic link now. If I want, I can hear Haru's thoughts, but I can also send him a message. It's like our minds are bonded the entire time, but only when we want it the other really hears us. Otherwise it's just a soft humming in the back of my head,'' explains the brunet. ''Furthermore, we can influence each other's actions, consciously and unconsciously, though I don't know how much... maybe we can take total control of the other's body, but I'm not sure. I can also look through Haru's eyes, and I can feel his emotions.''

Hakuryuu whistles softly. ''Wow, that's not nothing. And I'm sure it's not everything yet, right?''

Tenma nods. ''Hai. We just haven't had the chance to find our limits yet...'' then he smiles. ''And I really want to eat candy now. Haru's influencing me unconsciously...''

Shuu sweat-drops. ''Ah... yeah, you said something about Haru-san having a sweet tooth...''

''What are you guys talking about?'' interrupts a voice suddenly, and the three look up to see Kurumada looking at them.

The brunet resists the urge to look at Shuu and Hakuryuu, knowing that that would only raise suspicion. Instead, he goes for a half-truth. ''I want candy,'' he says simply.

This earns the attention of his friends, as everyone looks at him in surprise. Usually, the Raimon midfielder doesn't care much about candy. ''What's with you and candy today?'' asks Kurama in a faked annoyed tone. ''You were talking about it earlier and you even bought a bag filled with the stuff too.''