Chapter Thirty-Eight -- Business Plan

"Anything lost can be found again except time wasted. A vision without action is merely a dream..."
                     -- Kevin Gates (Wish I Had It)

Chapter Thirty-Eight -- Business Plan

Erik's POV

Driving down I -65 a few meters above the speed limit I can't help but to think of the look on Karly's face before I left home. It spoke full volumes of worry and curiosity that I couldn't give in to, but I can't blame her. I'm usually always up to no good when I grab the glock 19.

Fortunately, this time I can take a pass.

Switching lanes faster than a NASCAR, I wasted no time taking the exit that would eventually lead to Shimmer Outlet, one of the highest-grossing shopping centers in southern America. The mall consisted of stores that were both high end and general, over fifteen food court eateries, and a hundred percent supervised play area where parents can leave their kids while shopping. It all is brilliant, it screams money, and it was just my luck to find out it's all for sale.

"Welcome to Shimmer Outlet, name please?" a woman's voice spoke out of the speaker box that stood in front of a golden bass gate that lead "very important" cars to the back of the mall.

Inching my head closer to the box, I clearly spoke, "Erik Davis, I'm here for a meeting with Mr. Shimmer."

Seconds slowly crept by before the golden gates deliberately opened, in my eyes, to a paradise of new and more dollar bills.

"Enjoy your visit, Mr. Davis," she encouraged nicely as I eased my car through the gates, immediately noticing the line up of expensive cars such as Jag's, Benz's, Corvette's, and Mercedes. But there was one car that stood out the most among the lavish collection. Not only was it the most deluxe, it was also attention grabbing, and spoke of money, power, and respect. It was a Koenigsegg Agera R with SHIMMER stamped boldly on the licences plate.

Lifting the left corner of my mouth into a smile, I shook my head and parked in the empty space next to the luxury vehicle before exiting my own car and walking into the building with my gun tucked aimlessly in my pants.

"Hi, you must be Mr. Davis," a woman that looked to be in her early twenties greeted behind a desk as soon as my shoes touched the plush carpet of the entrance area of the meeting building. She stood, her thick, light brown thighs on display before she pulled down her skirt and approached me with a outstretched hand. "I'm Asia Brooke, Mr. Shimmer's assistant and hopefully soon to be yours too."

I shook her hand, "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Brooke--"

"Ms," she corrected with a new glint in her eye, "I'm not married." Her eyes gazed down to my hand that she still held in hers, "and I see you aren't either."

"You're right," I admitted while releasing her grip, "I'm engaged and my fiance will be assisting all of my needs," I lean in closer to her ear, "in more ways than one if you know what I mean."

She lets go of a frustrated breath and twist her mouth to one side. "Well then." She forces a smile. "Mr. Shimmer is expecting you down the hall, three doors down, the one on the left."

"Appreciate it," I nod before making my way down the hall, leaving Ms. Brooke where she stood.

As I passed door after door I sent a silent prayer up to the big man upstairs about the whole ordeal. I asked Him to let everything run smoothly, for me to successfully gain the outlet, and to not let me have to use the hot piece of metal resting under my belt buckle. Ending the grace with a Amen, I stepped into the meeting room.

"Good morning."

Two sets of eyes snapped to me in slight surprise before Mr. Shimmer, a Caucasian man with wrinkled skin, dust white hair, and a bad posture, got the help of his lawyer, a younger version of him, to help him stand to his feet.

"Erik Davis," his voice shook like the 89 year old he is as he held his hand out for me to shake. "Good to meet you."

"The pleasures all mine, Mr. Shimmer."

After the greetings were out of the way, I placed my briefcase on the glossy wooden table that separated the three of us.

"Let's get down to business, shall we?"

_________________________________

A / N :

Short? I know, but don't worry I have more coming up very soon.

I just want to thank everybody that voted and as you can see I'm going to go with vote one AND two (even tho it was either or lol). 

for the people that voted 3 I'm sorry :( and I hope you still read

thank you all for being patient with me and thank you for reading. Love y'all... and ill be back with another chapter asap.