Chapter Thirteen -- Woman to Woman

"Money can't buy you happiness that's true as hell, but happiness can't buy yo' ass this new SL..."
-- J. Cole (Sparks Will Fly ft Jhene Aiko)

Chapter Thirteen -- Woman to Woman

Karly's POV

I stood out on the balcony, my balcony, finding it hard to believe that all of this is ours. Erik really out did his self with this one. He hired a professional interior decorator and every room look like something out of a Fancy Living Magazine. This house is everything I ever dreamt of and so much more, and the fact that my sisters are staying here just makes it that much better.

While some women get off on new clothes, new car, new shoes, clear diamonds, I get off on seeing my family truly happy -- even my momma. No matter how bad she treats me, I still want the best for her. There's something obviously wrong with the woman, and I hope she has a reality check while she's locked up.

"Karly."

I turned around.

"Can we... you know... talk?" Harmony asked awkwardly, standing in the door way looking almost helpless on crutches.

"Yeah, let me go get you a chair.You know you're not suppose to be on your leg that much," I softly scolded while leaving the balcony, but what she said next made me stop in my tracks.

I turned around. "What?"

"I know you kill people for money," she repeated with a blank face. "But don't worry, Melody don't know a thing. She's too sensitive to know."

She was right. Melody and Harmony are like night and day -- total opposites. Melody is sweet, easy to influence, book smart, and has a beautiful, flawless innocent face. Harmony has a beautiful face too, but there's never been nothing innocent about it -- ever.

While Melody is a sweet heart, Harmony is the rebel. She's had more fights than I can count and more boyfriends than my twenty-seven-year-old-ass has ever had. Even with the differences in the two, they've never treated each other like one was better than the other. They're extremely close, and I admire that.

I went back outside and closed the two glass doors behind me in case Melody walked by. "Why are you telling me this Harm, huh? What? You're going to tell on me or something?" I asked, cutting straight to the case.

She looked offended. "No! I'm nobody's snitch! Why you tryna play me, Karly?"

I shrugged. "Well, there's got to be some reason why you came out here."

"Well, it wasn't to tell you no bullsh-- crap like that," she said angrily. She sighed and focused on the floor, "I was raped by four dudes, Karly, and one of them was my boyfriend, okay?" -- she started to cry -- "I wake up asking God, 'Why did You wake me up this morning? Why couldn't You just let me pass in my sleep?' I don't want to be on the same earth those four bitches are on anymore, Karly. It's either me or them."

I hugged her in my arms as she cried on my chest. It was hard, but I kept my own emotions away as I made circles in her back. I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later.

Harmony has never been the type to sit back and let someone treat her some kind of way, male or female, old or young, black or white, she was going to get you back.

I spoke, "Harmony, look at me, and I want you to listen to me carefully, okay baby?"

She lifted her head, letting out a hiccup before nodding it.

"You're strong, you hear me. You're way stronger than me, there for I don't EVER want to hear you say anything else about dying, do you hear me? Only weak women kill themselves.

"Don't give those lil motherfuckas the satisfaction of knowing that Harmony Crenshaw killed herself because of what they trifling-ass did, you hear me?" -- she nodded -- "Good. I'm going to be honest with you, when I found you at home, I instantly knew you were rapped. I knew it right off.

"But when that doctor came out and really confirmed it for me at the hospital I was ready to go out there and murder everybody. Don't believe me? Ask Erik. If it wasn't for him I would have.

"After I went home and rolled me up one I started to think about things. Harmony, when we're young, we do all type of stupid shit. We do things our friends or someone special tell us to do because of pure pressure. In a way, we lose ourselves... we become someone else's puppet. We ignore that voice in the back of our head's that's telling us not to do it.

"Everybody has at least once in their life. I've done it, and you've done it. I started thinking about what I did and all of the times I would've been dead for all of the stupid things I've done when I was around your age. Somebody forgave me. Somebody forgave you. Now I'm not saying those niggas don't deserve to die for what they did to you.

"I'm saying I want you to be the person to forgive... just like somebody has forgave you for beating they ass," -- she laughed -- "I'm serious, Harm. I know it's not going to be easy, but do it for yourself. You gotta find the extra strength move on."

She nodded, and I assumed she understood. I really hope she did.

I embraced her and kissed her head like she was a small child. "I'm going to always be here for you, okay? Me, Erik, and your sister ain't going no where."

I felt her smile, "I hope not 'cause you three is all I have."

A car horn below us caused us to pull apart and look below at the front yard just as soon as Kaila and Ethic got out of their dark blue Charger.

"Heeeey, up there!" Kaila yelled out like the country woman she is, "I see ya'll doing it big out here in the middle of no where! Chileeee ya'll must be finna make me a whole buncha grand babies how big this house is!"

I laughed, "How you doing Mrs. and Mr. Mitchell?"

"We fine, girl!" Kaila spoke for the both of them, "You doing alright?"

I smiled, "Yeah, I'm good! I'll be down in a second!"

She waved her hand as I noticed Ethic leaving her to go in the house. "Chile, take yo' time. Shit, we ain't nobody."

"Who is that?" Harmony asked beside me as Kaila finally went inside.

I began to open the balcony doors. "That's Erik's momma. Honey, she is something else."

"I see that."

We both laughed.

___________________________________

A / N :

Hey ya'll! This chapter was a total emotional roller coaster for me. In the beginning I'm happy... middle I'm on the verge of crying... and in the end I'm happy again. Like WTF! O_o

Do any of you ever watch Tyler Perry's Madea's plays? Its like a thousand of them. You know how in every play Madea ALWAYS got to go deep into what's going on in the play and all everybody can do is sit down and listen... THAT'S HOW I FEEL WHEN EVER I WRITE LIKE THAT ("that" is Karly's speech to Harmony) It's like when I get started you can't stop me. I be trying to teach y'all a lil sumthin' lol.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Don't forget to drop a vote and leave your thoughts! I love hearing from you guys!

Thanks for reading!