Chapter Forty-Two -- Life is a Fairytale

"Behind every happy couple is two people who have fought hard to overcome the obstacles and interfaces to be that way. Why? Because it was what they wanted."

                                --  Kim George

Chapter Forty-Two -- Life is a Fairytale

Erik's POV

Three Months Later

"Dawg, you sure you want to do this?"

I nodded, watching myself as I fixed the purple bow tie around my collar in the mirror in front of me. "I'm more than sure, I'm positive. I've been in love with Karly the first time I laid eyes on her."

"Damn," Jeremih shook his head, "How? Whenever I see a female love is the last thing I think about."

I and the few other men, including my dad, Byron, and Jason, chuckled in the room.

"In due time, boy," Pops spoke up, putting a hand on Jeremih's shoulder, "You will see."

Jeremih shrugged him off. "Nah, don't put the same curse on me that you put on your son. I'm good, but you gotta admit that bachelor party was mad real."

"Hell yeah," Byron agreed blissfully, "My girl was mad as hell when she found all that lipstick on my shirt."

"Yeah, you did your thing with that one J," Derrick, another old college buddy, gave his props, "But Erik, you were the one truly wildin' man. How many lap dances you got again?"

I smirked, turning towards my boys. "Hey, y'all know how the saying goes. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. If Karly hear about that shit she'll kill me."

"Hear about what?"

We all turned towards the forceful woman's voice without a word. They all had that oh shit look on their faces, but I knew who it was before I even turned around.

"Yall better not be talking about that bachelor's party," my momma scolded with a hand on her hip.

No's and no ma'am's erupted throughout the room as she stepped in.

"Mhm... let me find out. Especially about you old man," she warned, lightly slapping my dad's arm which caused him to grin like a boy.

However, her attitude vanish when she laid a good eye on me. "Aww, look at my baby," she cooed, coming over and pinching my cheeks.

"Ma, chill," I moved my face as my boys laughed and teased, making me feel like a embarrassed 6 year old again.

"You look so handsome, baby," she murmured, ignoring my request and fixing my tie to the way she likes it.

"Leave the boy alone, woman," Pops scolded her. "He about to get him a woman now and he won't need for all that no more."

She deeply frowned, "You'sa lie, can't no woman take my place." She looked back at me and smiled sweetly while cupping my face, "Ain't that right, sweetie."

"Five minutes until showtime, y'all," Byron's girl and Karly's new friend, Heather, stuck her head in and announced.

"Come on we better go take our seats," my momma spoke urgently, grabbing my dad's arm and rushing out. "Love you, baby!" she yelled over her shoulder.

Before I could stop myself I shouted back, "Love you too, Momma!"

The room grew deathly silent before everyone busted into laughter.

"Fuck y'all," I spoke out, trying to hold in my own laugh as I left the room."Me and my momma got a close relationship."

"Obviously," Jeremih pointed out, "Nigga a real deal momma's boy."